Senior Project Officer (S2)
General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- Work experience in the fields of economics, business development, regional planning and development or environmental development and protection;
- Experience working with developing or transitional economies;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment during the period of active reforms;
- Solid communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree in economics, political science, regional planning and development, environmental studies or related fields, or equivalent professional experience in such areas.
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- At least three years of professional experience in the field of economics, good governance and/or environmental development and protection;
- Experience with project management and design, as well as the ability to produce analytical reports;
- Good management, organization and analytical skills, with the ability to take corrective action;
- Ability to establish contact and develop confident relations with a wide range of current and potential partners, including, but not limited to representatives of government institutions, business community, civil society, international donors;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to lead and work with a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Flexibility in leading a team working in different working modalities (home office, in-office, telecommuting, etc.);
- Professional fluency in English, both oral and written with abilities to communicate clearly, concisely and make presentations. Fluency or working knowledge of Russian and/or Uzbek is an advantage;
- Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Experience in negotiation/mediation; previous international work experience and/or experience in field missions in Central Asia/CIS country.
- Experience in fundraising and managing good relationships with international donors.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator, the Senior Project Officer is responsible for the elaboration and implementation of projects in co-ordination with relevant Uzbek governmental bodies and project partners. Specifically, the Senior Project Officer will perform the following duties:
- Managing the project portfolio of the PCUz Economic and Environmental Dimension (EED);
- Creating an enabling environment for successful project implementation and providing managerial support thereto;
- Representing the PCUz in general and EED in particular at meetings and events as required, including in an active role (speaker, moderator, chairperson, etc.);
- Assessing and reporting on economic and environmental issues relating to the Mission mandate;
- Devising, drafting (narrative and financial), developing, co-ordinating and implementing economic and environmental initiatives; liaising with donors and preparing project proposals;
- Following on the good governance situation in Uzbekistan; facilitating and developing good governance initiatives;
- Preparing analysis on relevant economic and environmental issues to highlight possible problems, their causes and potential consequences;
- Liaising with international organizations and agencies on economic and environmental issues;
- Facilitating contacts and promoting information exchange on these issues with national stakeholders, including, but not limited to representatives of authorities, academia, business community and NGOs;
- Assisting in arranging OSCE regional events, regional seminars and visits to the area by OSCE delegations, as well as other events with OSCE participation;
- Supervising at least four staff members;
- Performing other duties as required
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Uzbekistan, please see: www.osce.org/uz/uzbekistan
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered. The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated by participating States. For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respective delegation as listed here: https://www.osce.org/contacts/delegations.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: