Department:Global Conservation Program
Reports to:Vice President, Field Conservation
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) works to save wildlife and wild places by understanding critical issues, crafting science-based solutions, and taking conservation actions that benefit nature and humanity. The Global Conservation Program (GCP) manages programs with staff distributed across New York and in more than 60 countries across the world.
The Vice President, Field Conservation, (VP) is a key member of GCP leadership and senior management team and directly manages GCP’s portfolio of 13 regional programs. The regional programs are responsible for the implementation of WCS’s field conservation activities, and span the marine and terrestrial realms in Asia, Africa, and the Americas. Across these programs the VP provides strategic and operational support, fosters partnerships and funding opportunities, and represents WCS’s field program impact in international fora.
WCS seeks a dynamic, well-organized, hard-working, and committed Program Coordinator to support the VP in ensuring the effective management and administration of WCS’s field conservation.
Position Objectives: Provide high-level coordination and executive support for the Vice President of Field Conservation within WCS’s Global Conservation Program. Principal responsibilities will include communications coordination for the VP’s team, scheduling and preparation of meetings, organizing travel arrangements, and handling administrative tasks to support the VP’s work.
Principal Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
Program Task Management and Coordination:
- Monitor and support effective communications for the VP, sorting and screening correspondence, supporting timely follow up
- Maintain program files, ensure proper document management
- Develop and manage a system for tracking of assigned tasks for improved communication and coordination on projects, shared work, and deadlines
- Assist with the development of program materials and correspondence, including communication, strategic and reporting documents
Provide general administrative and executive support to the Vice President, including:
- Support preparations of meetings and events for VP including supporting the preparation of briefing notes, PowerPoint and other presentation materials.
- Perform ad hoc administrative projects.
- Arrange travel plans for VP, including transportation, lodging, registration fees, visas, etc., and any other travel requirements.
- Manage corporate credit card accounts, assist with expense management and prepare travel reimbursement reports.
- Conference and meeting planning and logistics.