Post Number : 4AFADM0702RP
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Kabul
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement: [[filter13]]
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 26-NOV-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer and carries out tasks under the overall authority of the officer-in-Charge of the UNESCO Kabul Office. The position is tasked with delivering a range of administrative-related HR activities in support of the administrative unit and project/programme delivery.
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Act as certifying officer up to the authorized level delegated by the CFO.
- Draft and prepare routine correspondence, memoranda, and non-substantive reports;
- Maintain confidential and general files and establish reference systems;
- Assist in the preparation of budgetary and financial reports, statistics, or projections for managers' use;
- Review draft reports, verify overall accuracy and consistency, cross-check consistency of figures;
- May assist in overseeing activities related to office maintenance, security, transport, and similar services;
- Provide guidance and interpretation on non-complex administrative rules, regulations, and procedures
- Assist and inform the supervisor on the financial status using management information systems and reporting.
- Code, record, and reconcile accounting transactions.
- Verify and process payments;
- Maintain specific accounts, calculate and compile financial data, and prepare routine reports.
- Generate expenditure reports from the automated systems.
- Provide assistance and guidance to staff on basic financial procedures, payment requirements, and banking and currency provisions.
- Monitor and control commitments and expenditures.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and other data for budget analysis and proposals.
- Keep track of budget levels and alert the supervisor and concerned managers to avoid potential shortfalls in funds (validating information and identifying any errors or irregularities).
- Generate expenditure reports from automated information system databases; compile budget data.
- Assist in preparing, estimating, and finalizing budget reports; carry out a preliminary analysis of variances between budgets and actual expenditures; cross-check consistency of figures.
- Review overall accuracy and consistency of draft reports; cross-check consistency of figures.
- Identify any other anomalies, alert the supervisor, and undertake transactions to correct errors/omissions.
1) Assist in HR administrative matters.
2) Draft correspondence and other documents for personnel actions, follow up on HR actions and maintain and track the status of the vacancy notices.
3) Assist in the recruitment, coordinating interview schedules, written and technical assessments, competency-based interview processes, reference checks, and other pre-onboarding procedures.
4) Provide support for onboarding new personnel, drafting induction packages, and ensuring that mandatory training and orientation schedules are completed on time.
5) Respond to staff inquiries regarding their conditions of service and other HR-related issues.
6) Assist in issuing contracts, extensions, amendments, or terminations.
7) Retrieve and analyze HR-related data from automated systems; alert the supervisor of inconsistencies/ errors and propose corrective action.
8) Assist in processing salaries, entitlements, claims, non-staff contracts, etc., per established guidelines and procedures.
9) Provide support in the overall filing system of HR files.
1) Procurement: Assist in the research and retrieve information on supply sources and vendors by commodity and obtain specifications on the market.
2) Assist in the review of contractual documents (TOR, budget, contract nature, and type).
3) Assist in resolving resolve issues/ problems related to delivered goods.
4) Prepare requisitions for supplies and equipment; ensure that payments are processed and provide information to the assigned Sector on invoicing and payment issues.
Additional tasks that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Completed secondary, technical, or vocational school education.
A minimum of three (3) years experience in finance, administration, or related area.
Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
a) Experience in international organizations or United Nations agencies.
b) First-level university degree or specialized training in administration or finance (CPA, ACCA.
c) Good interpersonal and communication skills, strong service orientation, and ability to deal efficiently with partners at different levels.
d) Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP).
e) Ability to analyze, interpret financial data, and monitor budgets.
f) Ability to work as part of a team and provide quality and timely support and capacity to work efficiently under pressure.
g) Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and database packages.
h) Knowledge of local languages (Dari, Pashto).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
The approximate annual starting salary for this post is XX XXX Euro €/US $.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: