Training Assistant (G5)
Under overall guidance and supervision of the Programme Manager and direct supervision of the Border Management Officer the Training Assistant is responsible for providing language, administrative and other required support to the staff and students of the ExB project for the Patrol Field Capacity Building of the Tajik Border Troops through promotion of Regional Co-operation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Border Management Officer, performs the following duties:
1) Training assistance:
- Administrative and logistic support for the delivery of training;
- Assisting the trainers during the courses in translating from English to Tajik/Dari languages and vice versa;
- Preparing the training material and lesson plans in Dari;
- Providing translation/interpretation to the staff and students;
- Keeping a log of the student’s files and performances during the courses;
- Maintaining and servicing the equipment, including, when applicable, training equipment (stretchers, first aid bags, search and rescue equipment, patrolling equipment and other Team equipment).
2) Administrative support
- Compiling reports related to the training;
- Preparing all relevant administrative documents;
- Ensuring the regular re-supplies in POL, food and commodities for the conduct of the courses;
- When required, driving office vehicles for the transport of goods or equipment and up to four staff or students between the training centre and the field exercise places. Keeping a log of vehicle’s usage;
- Performing other tasks as requested.
Please note that this is an extra-budgetary post and initial appointment will be for one year. Further extension of the post is subject to availability of Extra-Budgetary funds.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by formal training in languages and/or administration;
- Minimum 4 years of office work experience with translation/interpretation work or tuition to adults and administrative duties;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Tajik languages; working knowledge of Russian is desirable;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 754.00 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: