The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of operational functions of the Baltimore office, resulting in a well-functioning, compliant environment for staff, clients, and partners. They are the primary point of contact for various functional areas, manage reception, and provide general administrative support. This is a challenging position that requires strong organization, creative problem-solving, a high level of personal initiative, and the ability to work well in a distributed, multicultural, fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Executive Director.
On-site Human Resources Focal Point (HRFP)
· Serve as the office’s first point of contact on employee lifecycle matters, including but not limited to recruitment, new hire setup and orientation, benefits, payroll, on-boarding, leaves of absence, status changes, and separations.
· Coordinate background checks for staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Support compliance with HR-related IRC policies and procedures and state-specific labor laws.
- Coordinate HQ initiatives related to the IRC Way, Duty of Care, Safeguarding, and related content.
Safety and Security (S&S)
· Serve as the office’s primary focal point for day-to-day S&S matters.
- Coordinate immediate incident management including filing police reports. Report S&S incidents involving covered persons in accordance with established protocols.
- Develop office-specific S&S onboarding materials, ensuring the provision of S&S briefings to new staff and covered persons.
- Organize a minimum of one emergency evacuation exercise at office or program site level per year and other appropriate trainings informed by Security Risk Assessment findings.
Information Technology (IT)
· Serve as the office’s primary focal point for IT and communications infrastructure, hardware, and software matters.
· Educate staff about IT support resources, including appropriate channels for incident reporting.
· Work with regional and HQ IT team to address any internet or telecommunications service disruptions, liaising with local internet and telecommunications service providers.
· Serve as primary point of contact for procurement and supply chain. Order supplies, equipment etc. in accordance with supply chain and financial compliance guidelines and coordinate servicing and repairs as needed.
· Manage and maintain digital and physical files.
· Manage vendor billing/invoices in coordination with Finance team.
· Coordinate fleet management in accordance with established protocols.
· Coordinate on- and off-site storage needs.
· Manage office and equipment leases, coordinate repairs and improvements with property managers as needed.
· Coordinate the allocation of workspaces and support related employee lifecycle needs such as building access.
· Support smooth functioning of office infrastructure including communications equipment and services.
· Assist with planning and coordinating office events and meetings.
· Manage reception team.
· Fill in for Receptionist during breaks and time off.
· Coordinate and refer walk-in clients to appropriate programs.
· Answer calls, manage general email account, and respond to walk-in inquiries.
· Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: 3 years demonstrated record of success in managing and improving the daily administrative functions of an organization.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Highly organized self-starter with demonstrated problem-solving and follow-through ability, and proven success in managing multiple and diverse priorities under pressure.
· Strong analytic problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
· Ability to troubleshoot basic IT issues.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
· Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent directly related experience required.
Language Skills: Fluency in English required.
Preferred experience & skills: Prior people management experience preferred
Working Environment: Standard office working environment
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.