Programme Manager, Madre de Dios (N-22-119)
International Potato Center On behalf of Wyss Academy for Nature (WA) Ref: N-22-119 PM/NRS/MDD
Programmeme Manager, Madre de Dios The International Potato Center (CIP) is searching an outstanding and experienced candidate as Programme Manager to monitor project’s implementation of our hosted organization, the Wyss Academy for Nature. The Wyss Academy for Nature (WA) at the University of Bern’s vision is to achieve a just and sustainable world in which nature conservation and human wellbeing reinforce each other. We are a place of innovation, where research, business, policymakers, practitioners and communities come together to co-design solutions for sustainable futures. Our goal is to research, develop, and implement innovative solutions to tackle climate change, biodiversity loss, land use change and rising inequality by connecting technical, social, economic, institutional and policy innovations at the interface of nature and people. The WA comprises four regional hubs, one each in Europe (Switzerland), South America (Peru), East Africa (Kenya), and Southeast Asia (Laos).
About the role: the selected candidate will manage the Wyss Academy’s activities in Madre de Dios and create and maintain focus, enthusiasm, and momentum for those activities. The Programme Manager will be based in Puerto Maldonado, Peru and report to the Regional Stewardship Hub South America Director.
• Under the guidance of the Hub Director and Senior Advisor, lead the planning and designing of the programme’s portfolio of projects and activities and proactively monitor and evaluate its progress. • Use the learning gathered from the monitoring and evaluation tasks to guide the adaptation of the activities, to initiate new activities, resolve issues, and take appropriate corrective action if needed. • Ensure the overall integrity of the programme - focusing on the internal consistency of the programme, and on its coherence with the overall Wyss Academy Strategy and its interfaces with other projects and partners in the area of intervention.
• Effective quality assurance of the programme’s outputs.
• Draft terms of reference and grant agreements for the implementation of the programme’s portfolio of projects and activities.
• Overseetheimplementationofactivitieswithintheprojectsandmonitorexpenditures accordingtothegrant agreements.
• Lead risk assessments in the programme’s area of intervention and its monitoring. Manage risks to the programme's successful outcome.
• Maintain and manage effective communications with all stakeholders in the programme's area of intervention.
• Report on the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Senior Advisor and the Hub Director, including an overview of the budget expenditure.
• Comply with applicable health and safety CIP policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
• PhD or Master’s Degree in sustainable development, landscape management, local economic development, project management, or other related fields.
• More than 8 years of professional experience in similar positions including management responsibilities. • Sound knowledge of the Madre de Dios region and prior working experience in the region. • High proficiency in programme design and implementation.
• Experience leading co-creating processes is an asset.
• Experience with knowledge management and learning processes is an asset.
• Working experience on stakeholder engagement and policy dialogue is an asset. • Competencies: Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication’s skills, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills among other.
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in Spanish and English both written and oral.
What are we offering?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. in English
with your references, latest by November 12, 2022. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed
candidates will be contacted.
This position WILL NOT have contact with children or vulnerable adults
Learn more about Wyss Academy by accessing its web site at https://www.wyssacademy.org/
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: