HR Administrative Specialist
Under the direct supervision of the HR Manager, the HR Administrative Specialist supports the HR administration affairs for the IRC Atlanta, Miami, and Tallahassee offices. They will assist in the human resources administrative tasks including recruitment and orientation, personnel files, time attendance management, and orientation.
- Serve as the offices’ first point of contact on employee lifecycle matters, including but not limited to recruitment, new hire setup and orientation, benefits, payroll, on-boarding, leaves of absence, status changes, and separations.
- Assists with HR administrative activities including new hire and hire change paperwork processing managing background checks for staff, and assist in ordering staff business cards, badges, and key cards.
- Administer the organization’s applicant tracking system, posting and closing locally managed requisitions, and providing related coordination.
- Support compliance with HR-related IRC policies and procedures and state-specific labor laws.
- Coordinate HQ initiatives related to the IRC Way, Duty of Care, Safeguarding, and related content.
- Liaise with Regional HR Partner to escalate issues and connect staff with appropriate HR-related training and other resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in office administration; human resources, or related field, preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in other refugee/immigrant language used in Georgia/Florida. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- Standard office work environment combined with some travel throughout service delivery area.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.