UN House Archivist
Considering an increased volume of transactional work resulted in higher documentation turnover; the expansion of the digital documents workflow tornover, that often occurs in parallel with paper worklfows; different audit and verification exercises that require additional support in proper ducoment management; and the need to digitize and organize the proper filing of documentation, the agencies agreed hereto, identified the need to attract a professional technical expertise support the document retention and digitization activities.
UNDP Country Office staff often facing challenges and difficulties to address and manage all aspects of archiving cycle, including duly and timely filing and archiving of the great volumes of documentations (electronically and/or in hardcopy version).
To ensure sound document management in line with existing rules and regulation, UNDP Kyrgyzstan Country Office, together with and on behalf of UNICEF Kyrgyzstan Country Office wishes to engage Archivist to support the document management, including classification, filing and archiving both electronically and in hardcopy versions.
• Maintain the historical relevance and chronological order of materials;
• Optimize storage and remove redundant content;
• Classification, filing and digitization of donor agreements (UNICEF);
• Prepare documents for retention and destruction following the UNDP/ UNICEF procedures and guidance and implement the periodic destruction;
• Prepare simple instructional guides for future use;
• Provide training to the staff how to use and search archived documents;
• To arrange and prepare the old Programme publications for distribution to libraries and other organization;
• To prepare the old Programme documentation for utilization, if needed.
• Coping, scanning documents as/if needed;
• Other duties as might be requested.
Archivist will work under direct supervision of the UN House Associate and overall guidance of UNDP and UNICEF Operations Managers.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Customer Satisfaction/Client Management:
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
- Look for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Administration & Operations
Registry & correspondence management:
- Ability to collect, register, maintain and deliver mail and UNDP pouch; ability to manage archives.
Documents and records management:
- Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving.
Secondary education, or Bachelor's degree in Library/ Archival Sciences, Social Sciences or Technical Sciences.
- Four years (for secondary education) and one year (for Bachelor's degree) of professional experience in archiving, documents and records management at the national and/ or international level.
- Work experience in e-filing/ e-archiving of data, documents, correspondence and reports information.
- Work experience in the international organization is desired
Other knowledge and competencies:
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Proficiency in Russian is required.
- Working knowledge of English is an asset.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: