Senior Program Support Officer (National Position)
The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for United States resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Since 2005, RSC Asia has resettled over 180,000 refugees to the United States.
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (RSC Asia) is funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) to assist persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement to the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, the RSC: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees; and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States.
The Senior Program Support Officer (Sr. PSO) based in Bangkok, Thailand is responsible for case creation, pre-screen and USCIS interview scheduling, call list creation and distribution, and travel arrangement for any RSC activities. The Sr. PSO will also monitor and analyze the pipeline, ensure targets are met, and future circuit rides are coordinated as planned in close coordination with the Senior Program Support Manager. The position will also support fellow Program Support team members by providing back-up support as needed.
Case Creation & Scheduling:
• Create refugee cases in START to be submitted and authorized for USRAP processing.
• Schedule cases for DNA, pre-screening, USCIS and follow-up circuit rides in line with established targets and deadlines.
• Perform in routine quality control (QC) procedures on case creations and schedules.
• Report and assist regularly with Senior Program Support Manager to ensure case preparation targets are in line with case creation, scheduling targets, and that final schedules are accurate.
• Collaborate with relevant RSC staff to ensure all necessary circuit ride arrangements are finalized.
• Submit call lists to relevant program and/or program support staff and stakeholders regarding applicant appointments in a timely manner.
• Record accurately case call lists, SCH IDs, and relevant guidelines in the designated location in shared drive.
• Send a regular report of quality check trends detected from Case creation & Scheduling analysis of both the physical files and data in START.
• Provide back up another senior program support officer as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor, in line with the scope of work.
Operational Functions & Others:
• Facilitate the preparation of travel requests (TR) for RSC staff and visitors, and ensure proper authorization is obtained prior to travel booking in compliance with the IRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and policies.
• Act as the travel focal point for RSC staff and visitors for any RSC activities to ensure international/domestic travel, ground transportation, accommodation, worksite, and necessary visa is arranged in a timely manner under IRC policy, and ensure all international flights comply with donor regulations under “Fly America” and “Open Skies” acts.
• File and maintain the RSC travel documents as well as ensure that all relevant records are complete and accessible.
• Prepare weekly/monthly related to any travel/logistics payment on a timely schedule to avoid delays in weekly/monthly payment and follow up on invoices where necessary.
• Review travel invoices from vendors to ensure accuracy prior to submit payment requests to Finance to facilitate timely payments.
Key Working Relationships:
Indirect Reporting: None Other Internal contacts:
Internal: All RSC Thailand staff IRC Thailand Operations and Administrative Staff
External: Contract interpreters Vendors and suppliers