Protection Social Worker-For Internal & External candidates- Limited Duration Contract (LDC)- Area Office Nablus/ Jenin- Grade
Org. Setting and Reporting
The incumbent of this post reports to the Crisis Intervention Project CoordinatorResponsibilities
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures the incumbent:
• Assists in planning, monitoring, evaluation and follow up on all Protection of Palestine Refugees issues within the Refugees community in Center part of West Bank including Refugee camps, Hebron, Bethlehem, etc. Governorates, Area C and the Jordan Valley within the framework of the overall objectives, strategies and targets of UNRWA protection principles.
• Conducts frequent field visits to assess, monitor and report on protection conditions in communities at risk of displacement and/or impacted by military incursions and settlers violence.
• Conducts Rapid assessments, evaluation and formulate plans of action.
• Recommend Protection cash payments for victims of forced displacement and armed conflict based on set eligibility criteria.
• Case manages protection cases and provides progress reports also required to make internal/external referrals to specialized services in timely manner.
• Conducts field visits to families, communities and population effected by home demolitions, military incursion, and settlers violent to asses and evaluate needs and incurred damages.
• Prepares monitoring reports (daily, weekly and monthly) of security incidents and humanitarian issues related to the demolition/eviction/displacement/confiscation in coordination with OSO through direct contact with people and communities affected.
• Collects data about beneficiaries from all available sources (observation, local, community, camp communities, CSO, etc.) on CIU assessment forms
• Implements community wide outreach activities and events targeting women, persons with disability, children, youth and men with protection concerns.
• Implements surveys and assigned studies related to protection in the targeted refugee communities, as requested.
• Mobilizes community support and participation in the various community based projects and activities.
• Coordinates with other UNRWA programmes, at the operational level, to increase refugees’ access to UNRWA services.
• Maintains good working relations with various partners and stakeholders.
• Participates, as requested, in workshops and meetings intended to improve professional knowledge and skills relevant to as assigned responsibilities.
• May be required to train newly recruited Social Workers.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
You will also need to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with a heavy workload;
• Good computer skills;
• Excellent organizational and communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and challenging conditions.
• Ability to counsel or deal with people who are in trauma or in the state of shock.
• Flexible, able to asses and analyze situations quickly, objectively and prudently.
• Ability to take initiative and maintain cordial relationship with all concerned.
• Ability to work effectively within a team as well as work independently without close supervision.
• Ability to make immediate decision in dangerous situations, to ensure the safety and security of self and others.
• Flexible and willing to be deployed in the field rapidly in emergencies
• Willing to work weekends and after hours if needed
A university degree in social Services or a related field.
- At least 2 year of related experience is required.
- Basic computer skills is required
-Please confirm if you live/ reside in West Bank or Jerusalem? And if you have West Bank or Jerusalem ID. Please to mention its number down, as it is desirable.
Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic
¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ (¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿/¿¿¿¿¿¿¿/¿¿¿¿¿) ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿
¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿( ¿¿¿¿
¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ )
¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿
¿¿¿¿ Work Experience
¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿ ¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
View this Job Posting in Arabic (Common mistakes)
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current
UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
*Conditions of service
Type of Contract: Limited Duration Contract (LDC): Band "D" Step 1.
Monthly basic salary JOD781.4.
Other benefits include:
Dependency Allowances payable and other benefits+ (Medical Insurance) & Currency Adjustment Factor.
Driver’s license is a plus.
Equivalency may apply for this post.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of Human Resources may
exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant
academic qualifications and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not
considered an acceptable combination.
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
1-This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. Only candidates residing in
West Bank or Jerusalem, and within commuting distance of the duty station with
authorization to work in the duty station at the time of application are eligible to apply. The
Agency will not assume responsibility or accountability to support or facilitate the issuance of
work permit in West Bank/ Jerusalem, and without a valid work permit, the appointment may
2-Preference will be given to registered Palestine refugees and candidates assisting the
Agency to meet its commitment to gender parity. UNRWA welcomes applications from
qualified candidates with disabilities.
3-A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may
become eligible for appointment to the same post or a similar post.
4-Only applications that have been fully completed in UNRWA's online e-recruitment
system inspira will be considered and no late applications will be accepted. The PHP should be
completed with full relevant work experience under the experience tabs as per the
requirements in the Job Opening. All acquired university degrees must also be stated, if
applicable. Applicants applying to positions for Grades 12 to 20 must submit a cover
letter/motivational statement in order to be considered. Additionally, providing incorrect or
misleading information on an application will result in the immediate disqualification of a
5-Please ensure that the e-mail address and mobile phone number that you have written in
your Personal History Form are accurate and active. Your status in relation to the vacancy
will be communicated to you via email listed on your Personal History Form, as we will no
longer be using telephone calls.
6-It is the responsibility of the candidate to provide full, accurate and up to date information in
his/her application form. Any missing and/or misleading data may lead to candidate
7- For UNRWA internal staff, they are required to specify and include their current UNRWA
grade level. To do so applicants should select under "Category" RLG, scroll down to see all
categories, then select their local grade.
Advertisements published only in English will only accept applications in English, and Arabic
submissions will not be considered.
The Agency may disqualify applicants whose name appears on the UN Sanctions List or a UN
database of staff separated for reason of misconduct or of staff who separated whilst
misconduct processes were pending.
UNRWA shares investigation and misconduct information with other UN Agencies, and past
and prospective employers, about staff members who have been separated for misconduct, or
who have separated whilst an investigation and/or disciplinary process for misconduct is
underway; and such persons may be prohibited from employment with the United Nations.
The Agency will immediately disqualify applicants who are ineligible for any reason in
accordance with the Agency regulatory framework.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest
standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for and commitment
to human rights, diversity, and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only
persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for
UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower
grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self-attestation, confirming that they
have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they
have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of
international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff
working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA's human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states,
regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA
is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the
difficult circumstances in which they live.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to
foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees. For more
details on UNRWA, please visit: https://www.unrwa.org
United Nations Considerations
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List.
UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: