Chief of Party (CoP) Central African Republic Regional Peacebuilding and Anticorruption Mechanism
This Opportunity - The Chief of Party is a full-time position for an upcoming six (6) year funding opportunity that we expect USAID to release soon. The objective of the Central African Republic (CAR) Regional Peacebuilding and Anticorruption Mechanism Activity is to reduce violence and build more effective, accountable, and democratic governance systems in the Central African Republic (CAR) with a focus on the community level.
Reporting & Supervision - The Chief of Party (CoP) will serve as the primary liaison with USAID and will report to the HQ Project Director, with a close working relationship with the CAR Country Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities -
- Provide overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to the overall project team, including staff, consultants, and partner organizations;
- Plan, direct and coordinate technical activities and operational aspects to ensure that project goals and objectives are met, and prescribed timeframes and funding parameters follow USAID regulations and Invisible Children’s policies;
- Manage the relationship of the project with USAID including deliverables, and reporting.
Key Competencies Required -
- USAID Chief of Party experience strongly desired. Experience at least at the Deputy CoP level or in a role similar to a Chief of Party (such as project director, project team leader or country director required);
- Graduate degree in a relevant field strongly desired;
- At the absolute minimum, 10 years of relevant professional project management experience, 20 years of overall professional experience strongly desired;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in at least one technical field related to the project required;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in contexts similar to the Central African Republic required; direct experience in Central Africa strongly desired; direct experience in the Central African Republic desired;
- Direct substantive experience of project management at or above USD 4 million a year absolutely required; at or above USD 8 million a year strongly desired;
- At the very least, full professional proficiency in written and spoken French AND English required; fully fluent in at least one of those languages desired;
- Demonstrated track record on the duration of roles held, specifically seeing projects through for their entire duration and/or to their end date. The project is expected to last for six years and Invisible Children is looking for candidates who can credibly demonstrate an interest in overseeing the project for its entire duration.
Compensation and benefits – Invisible Children provides a monetary and non-monetary compensation and benefits package that favorably compares to leading INGOs.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success, and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce, and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include (but are not limited to): socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or indigenous status.
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Invisible Children to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Invisible Children are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “CoP CAR Peacebuilding – YOUR NAME” in the subject line and indicate where you saw the job posting in your email. This is a proposal position. Invisible Children will review applications on a rolling basis.