New York City
As a member of the Strategy Unit, you will enable the IRC to put its new strategy into action. We work on projects ranging from helping the organization to measure and improve its performance to identifying solutions to enable rapid growth in our program offices, and your work will spread far and wide within IRC. Ultimately, the Strategy Unit works to help IRC deliver greater impact for those who we work with and serve, including more than 19 million people worldwide affected by conflict and crisis.
The Strategy Manager will provide strategic planning and problem-solving support on projects aligned to the top priorities of the IRC. This role will be part of small, tight-knit teams that will quickly break down and structure problems and iterate rapidly towards evidence-based solutions. This position requires strong problem-solving skills, excellent social skills, a high level of personal initiative, and the ability to work well in a highly multicultural environment.
The role sits within the Strategy Unit. The formal reporting line is to an Associate Director of Strategy, but day to day reporting will depend on the assigned project.
· Responsible for a substantial work stream within larger projects, or smaller stand-alone projects, under the supervision of a Senior Manager or Associate Director
· Independently lead work planning in collaboration with supervisors. Lead high-quality timely delivery and quickly resolve roadblocks as they arise
· Produce analyses that feed into the bigger problem the team is solving
· Generate practical insights and evidence-based user-centric solutions, driven by standard methodologies, analysis and extensive consultation with IRC staff
· Apply structure to ambiguous, sophisticated problems
· Handle relationships and collaborate with mid-level and senior staff across the IRC
· Facilitate decision-making and consensus-building as part of a team
· Contribute effectively to the work-streams of others on the team as required, and participate in full-team problem-solving
· Give and receive regular developmental feedback and contribute actively to crafting a positive, focused, and effective team environment
· Adopt a learning demeanor and ownership for continuous performance improvement
Work / Educational Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Approximately 3-5 years of relevant work experience, at least two years in a strategic or project management role, with gradually growing responsibilities and a track record of dedication.
Demonstrated Skills and Proficiencies:
· Experience in driving strategic change and organizational change initiatives
· Capability to manage multiple simultaneous demands in short time frames
· Organization and time-management skills; proven track record to prioritize and deliver on time
· Proven attention to detail and analysis skills
· Ability to structure and creatively resolve sophisticated problems
· Interpersonal communication skills with clear and concise communication
· Ability to facilitate meetings and presentations
· Experience working effectively with partners at all levels
· Highly collaborative and able to work independently in a dynamic, cross-functional distributed team structure
· Ability to respond enthusiastically and positively to ambiguity, resilient in shifting priorities and setbacks, and comfortable with analysis and solutions. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Preferred experience & skills:
- Proven experience in a strategy role at either a strategy consulting firm, or in the strategy development function of a global organization
- Experience in a humanitarian field, development organization, or equivalent
- Knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish Languages is recommended
- Standard office working environment
- Some travel
- This role may require working remotely or partially remotely employees may be required to share workspace
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.