This position was posted on November 14, 2022. While we review all applications on a rolling basis, please note that we will prioritize applications received within the first two weeks of the posting. Thank you.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health requires staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review our policy.
At Last Mile Health, we are all stewards of our reputations and our resources. Do you have experience applying accounting principles in a multi-country organization and enjoy sharing your financial knowledge with others? If so, you may be our next Staff Accountant.
Africa Frontline First (AFF) Initiative aims to support ten countries in Sub-Saharan Africa to build high-functioning, resilient, country-led community health service delivery with an expanded and institutionalized health workforce of 200,000 CHWs by 2030. Anchored within the local context and health reform journey of each country, these shifts in community health service delivery will contribute to reduce excess morbidity and mortality from COVID-19, Malaria, TB, and HIV, prevent maternal and child mortality, advance health security, and accelerate economic recovery at the community level following the pandemic. In turn, these investments in community health are critical to progress on the health SDGs, including ending AIDS, TB, and Malaria, expanding universal health coverage (UHC), and as well as ensuring effective pandemic preparedness and response to COVID-19 and future pandemics.
The AFF Initiative is led as a collaborative effort by the Financing Alliance for Health, Last Mile Health, and Community Health Impact Coalition under the leadership of President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
As part of the AFF Initiative, Last Mile Health anticipates receiving a contract to implement community health systems strengthening activities across multiple countries through subcontracted partners and technical assistance. This position will be primarily supporting this project, and is contingent on award.
Reporting to the Senior Controller, the Staff Accountant will promote long-term organizational sustainability of Last Mile Health (LMH) through the management of global financial transactions, including tracking of payments to internal and external stakeholders, reconciling monthly statements, and completing payroll processing.
This position is only open to candidates who are currently located and authorized to work in Ghana and will be hired on a 12-month fixed term contract with potential for renewal.
What You'll Do
- Perform all daily finance activities, including processing of the accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts, and general ledger functions
- Complete monthly reconciliation of some balance sheet accounts including bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and prepaids
- Maintain a centralized vendor administration function against provider payouts
- Assist in payroll processing and prepare payroll audits and reports
- Support in the recording of monthly allocation entries to ensure timely update and adjustment of allocation methodologies as well as the monthly financial statements
- As needed, work with contractors, subawardees, and partners of LMH to accomplish above for grants in which LMH subawards or contracts out activities
- Support in the preparation of LMH’s annual budget
- Assist in inputting information into financial system for analysis by budget managers
- Work across the accounts payable function to ensure budget managers properly code expenses based on department budget and provide guidance to improving these processes
- Prepare transactions (checks, wires) and support the management of online banking
- Support team in ensuring compliance with International Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and US federal regulation requirements
- Manage filing of the state registrations, financial reports, tax filings and other filings required by the government
- Assist in the compilation of information for the organization’s annual tax returns
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years working with a non-profit or for-profit company operating across multiple offices or countries
- Demonstrated familiarity with diverse accounting functions
- Demonstrated computer skills and systems proficiency
- Familiarity with financial management software, including the ability to design appropriate and useful management reports and demonstrate aptitude to identify problems in financial reports and implement required changes
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, analytical skills and good interpersonal skills
You'll Impress Us If
- You have working knowledge of NetSuite
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to their identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: GHA-2
For Ghana, the range is $16,004 - $24,733 USD depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.