Junior Professional Officer (Liaison)
New York City
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
• All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
The Food and Agriculture Organization Liaison Office with the United Nations in New York (FAOLON) was established on 16 March 1956. It replaced the Sub-Office of the North American Regional Office.
The Associate Professional Officer reports to the Senior Liaison Officer under the overall guidance of the Director, FAO Liaison Office to the United Nations in New York (FAOLON).
Support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by liaising with key partners and UN agencies and member countries in New York. Support the establishment and maintenance of relations with the Liaison Office with the United Nations, contribution to and promotion of UN activities of relevance to FAO.
Collection, analysis and use of information, data and statistics, and project/meeting services to support programme products, projects, and publications.
- Collects, reviews/cross checks and/or analyses relevant agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or gender related data, statistics and information to support delivery of programme projects, products, publications and services
- Undertakes analysis, provides technical input for plans and reports and edits/revises technical documents and/or publications
- Participates in the development of improved tools and methodologies
- Updates databases and web pages
- Participates on multi-disciplinary project/work teams
- Participates in the development of training materials and the organization of workshops/seminars etc.
- Participates in the organization, conduct and follow-up of meetings, consultations and conferences, the development/production of required materials and the provision of information and assistance to partners
- Supports FAO’ collaboration with governmental and organizational counterparts to facilitate programme coordination and promotion including Hand-in-Hand activities;
- Contributes to UN activities relevant to FAO’s mandate, supports information flows from headquarters streams to the Liaison Office with the UN (LON);
- Researches opportunities for FAO to project organizational capacities and priorities into agendas and activities at the UN Common System level and with counterparts;
- Supports FAO participation in interagency forums, reviews areas to improve effectiveness of FAO communication strategies and approaches;
- Supports knowledge sharing and awareness within FAO of UN perspective and priorities on identified activities and assists FAO units with UN system networking;
- Contributes to FAO positions and capacities in collaborative activities with the UN;
- Produces a variety of information-related documents and reports and drafts replies to inquiries from UN partners on subjects falling within the competence of FAO.