Grants Management Officer - Partnerships
The overall purpose of the role: DRC is seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Grants Management Officer to support the Programme Development team to carry out its mission in Iraq through supporting grants compliance, management, and reporting, with a particular focus on our growing partnerships portfolio. The position holder will be responsible for the administrative coordination of day-to-day matters related to sub-grants, developing effective relations and communications with all partners, and supporting the Partnerships and Localization Specialist in establishing and strengthening partnership systems as per DRC standards and contextually relevant best practices. The position holder will also conduct training on partnership principles in line with the goals of DRC’s strategy for partnerships. It is envisaged that up to 50 percent of the role will also include providing grants management support to DRC’s direct implementation portfolio.
Technical Support – Partnerships
- Conduct pre-award due diligence of potential partners through DRC’s pre-award due diligence tools. Document the partners’ assessment reports in the standard format
- Assist the Partnerships and Localization Specialist in partner selection process by drafting Request for Application documents, performing initial assessment of partner proposals, arranging selection meetings, recording meeting notes, and pre-award due diligence processes
- Support in developing and updating the tracking tools and templates for effective partnership management.
- Review the partner’s budgets and ensure that the budget costs are justified and aligned with program activities.
- Assist Partnerships Specialist in capacity-building plans for partners.
- In collaboration with Partnerships Specialist, provide training for NGO staff on Grants and Partnership Management procedures, including conducting formal training and on-the-job mentorship.
- Review and feedback on project reporting from partner organizations, in close coordination with the Partnerships and Localization Specialist and all relevant departments
Project Development - Partnerships
- Support on the coordination of partner concept notes and proposals, as needed. These will be designed in collaboration with programme staff and technical advisors, ensuring adherence to the country, regional and global strategy.
Coordination - Partnerships
- Coordinate with the Finance team to ensure partners' liquidity and advances for the smooth running of partners' financial reporting.
- Maintain effective coordination with the program colleagues to track partner’s program activities.
- Ensure that timely and reliable sub-grants administration support is provided to all units within the office.
- Maintain regular and effective coordination with partner organizations to ensure smooth implementation of project activities and closeout.
- Facilitate partner grant kick-off and close-out meetings to monitor project progress and ensure donor compliance, operation/programme integration, procurement planning, sharing of lessons learned, etc.
- Champion robust partner relationship management characterized by core partnerships principles of responsibility, results-oriented approach, equality, transparency, and complementarity.
- Conduct periodic monitoring visits of partner project sites
- Monitor sub-grant compliance of partner organizations with the DRC & Donors' rules & regulations and provide periodic orientation to partner staff on compliance requirements
- Provide periodic orientation to partner’s staff on compliance requirements.
- Draft sub-grant agreements and amendments of partners in compliance with DRC rules and regulations. Also, ensure proper program description and responsibility determination for partners.
Reporting and Grants Management
- Coordinate external reporting, ensuring high-quality, well-written, and timely reports meeting donor and DRC requirements, with support from the technical program coordinators and programme managers.
- Maintain grant files, including regularly updating DRC’s Grants Management System (DRC Dynamics).
- Maintain the grants and report tracking system to ensure all grant files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring
- Coordinate grants management tasks including contract review and signature process, and ensuring adherence to DRC internal compliance tools
- Support the Programme Development Manager in providing timely, thorough responses to information requests from internal and external sources.
- Support the development of communication pieces, press releases, and success stories.
- Facilitate communication between HQ, Regional, and Country Team offices on grants-related issues.
Direct Support to Field Teams
- Conduct visits to field locations, to support and oversee the above activities, including proposal development, reporting, grants kick-off, closure, review meetings, and capacity building on various topics
- Regular field visits to project sites in order to better understand DRC’s programming
Where feasible, the position duties are flexible to a degree to allow the candidate to develop skills of his/her choice and may include sectoral knowledge, business development, capacity building and specialization in specific donor rules and regulations. This can be arranged in discussions with the line manager. The candidate must also demonstrate commitment to mainstreaming Age, Gender, and Diversity considerations throughout their work. The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with a master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least two years of NGO field experience in a similar position that includes proposal development, reporting, and grants management.
- At least one year of INGO experience working on projects in partnerships with local NGOs, preferably in grants management or partnerships management
- Ability to travel frequently in Federal Iraq
- Knowledge of key donor (UN, EC, USG, SDC, etc.) regulations, procedures, and requirements.
- Proven ability to develop quality reports for donors.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity-building or training skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to determine priorities and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- High-level knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability/willingness to work with extremely tight deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Willingness to follow security policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with a master’s degree a benefit.
Fluency in Arabic and English is required
Partnerships and Localization Specialist
Programme Coordinators and Project Teams
Local Partner Organizations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment
- Contract Length: 11 months
- Salary Band: H (Non-management)
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Diversity & Inclusion: DRC Iraq is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment according to our Age, Gender, and Diversity approach (AGD). We aim to have a more diversified leadership structure creating opportunities for qualified women to take on managerial roles. We also continuously work to make our workplace more accessible for persons with specific needs. We offer benefits related to psychosocial support, health insurance, maternity and paternity leave, child sick leave, and lactation breaks. As part of our commitment to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from female candidates, persons living with disabilities, as well as representatives of minorities.
Note: The position will be recruited based on budget/funding approval.