Programme Associate (COMET), SC6 ( El Obied)
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
Opening date: 15 November 2022
Closing date: 29 November 2022
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s committed and talented team and make your contribution in implementing programmes that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for talented Programme Associate (COMET) in our office El Obeid, in Sudan, to be hired on Service Contract at the Level 6.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 millionpeople assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currentlyrolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance througha hybrid approach (Cash,
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control
- Conduct monthly COMET VS LESS, and COMET VS WINGS reconciliation at Area Office (AO) level and highlight discrepancies, produce reconciliation report and work with programme activity focal persons, Logistics, Sub offices and CPs to address the discrepancies timely.
- Act as point of contact for (COMET) at Area Office level to address operational queries, and provide guidance for accurate output reporting in the system according to COMET SOP.
- Conduct monthly distribution reports data entry into COMET, including other output reports, completion reports, and coordinate with CO COMET focal person to meet deadlines.
- Create partnerships, FRNs in COMET as per signed FLAs,
- Generate analytical reports including data of plans versus actuals with comparative analysis to inform programme performance.
- Produce monthly programme performance report in consultation with programme activity mangers including the justification for over/under-achievements and share with M&E officer.
- Coordinate with other units, and CPs to capture accurate food stock hold by cooperating partners for financial closure, end of year closure, and ACR reporting requirements.
- Conduct capacity building/ training for COMET users in Area/ Sub Offices when required
- Participate in other M&E activities in the AO as and when required.
- Perform others related tasks as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience: Completion of secondary school education and a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area and five years of working experience in a related field.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years or more of experiences in an M&E role or programme performance reporting role is required.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word-processing, spreadsheets, and other software packages.
- Experiences with WFP M&E system is desirable.
- Knowledge / experiences using WFP corporate systems e.g. COMET will be desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
29 November 2022
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
- WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.