Storekeeper (SC-4) (Kyiv) Ukraine
Career Opportunities: Storekeeper
Duty stations (Kyiv) |
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 178358
📢 Job Title: Storekeeper (SC-4)
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Supply Chain Unit / WFP Ukraine
📍 Duty Station: Kyiv
➡️ Number of posts: Two (2)
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
⏰ Closing date: 28 November 2022, midnight (Ukraine Time)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
What will you do in this position?
To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximize quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has left an estimated one in three families without enough food, rising to one in two in some areas of the East and South. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Millions who fled their homes to the country’s West are preparing for long-term internal displacement. Many who have returned to liberated areas around the capital, Kyiv, are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble.
WFP is quickly scaling up to
support 4.7 million people per month inside Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We
support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line.
This is an opportunity for an exciting and
challenging Human Resources role in a multi-cultural, hardworking, fun and interdisciplinary HR team. In addition, we offer:
➡️ Meaningful and impactful careers:
Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
➡️ Continuous learning and training:
We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
➡️ Multicultural and stimulating work environment:
We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join us to make a difference in Ukraine, watch this video to know more about us!!
How can you make a difference?
In this position you will:
- Prepare, review, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and ensure accurate maintenance of confidential files and warehouse transaction records to enable immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Coordinate and/or receive/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Support regular physical stock inventory exercise, to ensure compliance with IPSAS and standard business requirements.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide supervision, guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff supporting their development and high performance.
- Maintain all necessary warehouse operations in the LESS system based on SAP.
- Other related duties as required.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives you will have to...
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area (Warehouse Management, Logistics and Storekeeping) is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of experience in using logistics databases to extract routine reports, in managing warehouses with food and NFIs, in managing inventories and in processing invoices.
Language: Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English and Ukraine.
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.