Cost-Benefit Analysis of NMA Consultant
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Master’s degree in any relevant social sciences; preferably economics. A PHD will be an added advantage
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant working experience conducting evaluations, cost-benefit-analysis, reviewing and formulating policies with technical support to the Government.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Education Officer-Primary, and in collaboration with WFP staff and other stakeholders.
The purpose of the cost benefit analysis is to determine the extent to which the National Management Agents (NMA) model of school feeding benefits outweighs costs. The study will compare the cost incurred in implementing the NMA model and benefits derived. Including overall spending levels, program budgets and options for improving expenditure efficiencies
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Develop the draft inception report
- Compile a final inception report that includes the feedback and recommendations from MOET and stakeholders
- Conduct desk review and stakeholder consultation including visit to the districts
- Produce the first draft of the revised cost benefit analysis report for feedback and suggestions
- Compile a two-page brief from the cost benefit analysis report to be shared with stakeholders
- Conduct stakeholder validation exercise on the draft cost benefit analysis report
- Produce final cost benefit analysis using economic models and viable data parameters
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Proven practical expertise of designing and implementing rigorous reviews using different approaches.
- Expertise in designing methodology and data collection tools and demonstrated experience in conducting reviews.
- Proven experience in the use of theory-based reviews approaches such as contribution analysis and/or Qualitative Comparative Analysis in assessing programme performance and contribution to stated outcomes.
- Understanding of national development planning and programming processes including National Development Plans and strategies.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Lesotho country context.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline is 4 December 2022
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.