Mental health and psychosocial support coordinator (F/M) - Ukraine
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM-France is currently carrying out an exploratory mission in Odessa and Mikolaiev oblasts to assess the needs of people affected by the conflict in Ukraine.
MdM-F is planning to open a country office in Odessa and launch activities in the south part of Ukraine (Odessa-Mikolaiev).
MdM Spain has the lead for global MdM response in Ukraine and they cover Kiev and surroundings, Donbass, Kharkiv, Zaporidja. MdM Germany covers Dnipro and Vinitsia. MdM France will cover the Southern part of Ukraine.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in the context of the mission opening, your main responsibilities are the following:
- Design MHPSS activities based on on-ground field assessment, gap analysis and actors mapping in accordance with international standards and MdM MHPSS frameworks
- Support the inclusion of social and psychological considerations in programming, evaluating the needs and designing activities in a cross-cutting approach, working closely with other sectors
- Ensure strategic management of MHPSS program component in Ukraine
- Ensure supervision of the MHPSS teams for monitoring the quality of delivered services
- Participate in the recruitment of staff under your technical responsibility
- Train, support and provide guidelines and tools to relevant staff for approach of both refugees and volunteers/medical staff working with refugees
- Train relevant staff on the referral system and the reporting tools
- Ensure reporting by collecting data from the different bases and provide an analysis
- Ensure close coordination with UN agencies, NGOs, MHPSS local partners and local authorities in MdM area of intervention
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Status : Employee
- Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Duration : 6 months
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Gross monthly salary: 2940 euros
- Position based in Odessa, with regular travel to different locations in the country.
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Mental health professional
- Master’s in Public Health is desirable
- Minimum 1 year experience of work in MHPSS programs in humanitarian emergencies/context with both individual counselling and psychosocial support activities
- Experience to build up local partnerships
- Training in transcultural approach is highly desirable
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Good training abilities
- Capacity to create relationships with the communities
- Ability to create tools and monitoring process
- Previous supervisory and management experience
- Proven pedagogical and psychological technical expertise
- Understanding of integrated approach in MHPSS is mandatory (cross-cutting approach)
- Patience and stress management
- Ability to work with minimum support
- Ability to work in a tense security context and with limited social life
- Reactivity, anticipation, and adaptability
- Capacity to take initiatives
- Organisational skills and rigor
- Good communication skills
- Team spirit
- Excellent knowledge of Office365 environment (word, excel)
- Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian is a strong asset
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JUNQUxbi?idpartenaire=128
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: