Senior IT Project Manager - Business Analyst
Result of Service
The person will work closely with the ICTS team and other stakeholders/businesses by researching, eliciting, and defining requirements in order to come up with solutions to business problems, processes, or systems, while assessing the business data models and/or its integration with technology. She/He will guide the businesses in providing solutions, improving processes, products, and services, based on their needs and will manage assigned projects to ensure the successful delivery of assigned projects in a timely, efficient, and effective manner using Prince2 and Agile methodologies.Work Location
UN House - ESCWA
12 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
This position is in the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) Information and Communication Technology Section (ICTS) of the Resource Management and Service Delivery Division (RMSDD).
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Chief of ICTS and will be responsible for:
• Managing the full project life cycle for assigned section projects including the clear definition of work scope, deliverables, schedule, resource requirements, and establishment of cost baselines.
• Contribute actively in developing, documenting and executing detailed project work plans and schedule.
• Assists with developing project status reports to communicate project performance to senior management and project governance boards on a regular basis for all projects within the unit.
• Anticipates and evaluates potential risk areas throughout the duration of the project and proposes/pursues mitigation, avoidance, and corrective action plans to management as necessary, escalates issues to section head’s attention for guidance and assistance in reaching a resolution.
• Assists in scheduling planning, status, design review, and issue management meetings for key section projects.
• Analyze business requirements and develop Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and technical specification documents to ensure the accurate capture of the business’s functional and non-functional requirements, business rules as well as document use cases for both business and system aspects for the assigned section projects.
Serve as ICTS interface between business units, technology teams and support teams and effectively coordinate communication for the timely delivery of assigned section projects in line with set expectations.
A Master’s degree or equivalent in information technology or in any other field related to the post description is required.
A Bachelor’s degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience in information and communications technology may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in project management and/or business analysis, preferably in an international environment and on cross functional projects with diverse personnel is required.
Proven ability to assist coordination of enterprise application deployments is desirable.
Advance knowledge of Project Management tools and methodologies, Visual modelling and other business analysis tools, and application development life cycle is desirable.
Strong understanding of Microsoft server technologies and data analysis and visualization solutions is desirable.
Knowledge of other IT domains such would be an asset.
PRINCE2 foundation and practitioner certification is highly desirable.
Experience with Agile Software development methodology is an advantage.
Languages English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat; and Arabic is a working language of ESCWA. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: