Human Resources Associate
UNDP is the knowledge frontier organization for sustainable development in the UN Development System and serves as the integrator for collective action to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). With presence in about 170 countries and territories, UNDP endeavors to help countries develop strong policies, skills, partnerships and institutions so they can sustain their progress. UNDP staff are united by a common purpose: to help countries and communities across the world pursue peaceful, prosperous lives, lived in harmony with the planet.
Drawing on the diversity of UNDP’s client needs and partnerships, the Office of Human Resources (OHR) provides strategic direction and HR advisory services to enable UNDP to deliver fully integrated development solutions. In this context and in conjunction with UNDP’s other strategies, the OHR has developed a three-year strategy -People for 2030 - which will progressively transform UNDP’s culture and enable its workforce capacity to deliver more and better results.
With its People for 2030 strategy, OHR aims to be at the leading edge of HR in the international development sector by strengthening and innovating its human resources solutions and driving transformation across UNDP.
In this renewed and dynamic framework, OHR is seeking top-notch human resources professionals with solid international experience, and the capacity, commitment, and attitude needed to generate a transformational culture of innovation, entrepreneurship, proactivity and accountability. New systems and simplified processes will also enable OHR to redirect time and effort to client service and other more value-added activities.
The Talent Acquisition and People Programme (TAPP) works to enable the development of new strategic staffing and talent acquisition initiatives with a view to build a Centre for Excellence in Talent Acquisition and Management that caters to UN system agency clients as well as other potential partners.
TAPP manages people programmes, including the Junior Professional Officer, Specialist for Development and Senior Technical Expert Programme, and provides end to end HR services to donors, UN agencies and staff members hired under these programmes. Services include HR administration, recruitment, advisory, learning and career development support.
Under the guidance of the Chief, Talent Acquisition, and People Programme (TAPP), and the supervision of the HR Specialist, the HR Associate provides leadership in execution of the full range of HR services ensuring their transparency and integrity. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and promotes the maintenance of high staff morale.
- Advise partner governments, participating UN agencies and UNDP partners on application of contracting modalities with respect to JPOs/SDPs/Senior Technical Experts.
- Certify offers of appointment, reassignment and inter-agency transfers, brief candidates on the structure of the UN/UNDP conditions of service, bearing in mind differences that exist depending on the sponsoring Government and UN agency as well as the peculiarities of terms and conditions of service applicable to JPOs/SDPs/ Senior Technical Experts.
- Advise partner governments, participating UN agencies, UNDP partners and JPOs/SDPs/ Senior Technical Experts concerning the entitlement structure, including eligibility requirements and processing procedures, applications of various leave policies, co-financing modalities, etc.
- Prepare and provide cost estimates to the partner governments.
- Advise management, JPOs/SDPs/ Senior Technical Experts and other stakeholders regarding the process of separation, including repatriation. Manage separation procedures in cooperation with external partners.
- Review and approve requests for entitlement travel, rental subsidy and education grant payment as well as recommend payments consistent with eligibility of the JPO/SDP/ Senior Technical Experts.
- Advise JPOs/SDPs/ Senior Technical Experts with regard to the provisions of life and medical insurances. Review management of mobility and hardship allowance, AHA, hazard pay, rest and recuperation, reimbursement of allowable security expenses etc.
- Inform management on staffing and entitlement patterns to support monitoring and evaluation of People Programmes.
Coordinate People Programme recruitment processes, including
- Review occupational patterns prevailing in a specific region. Assess current trends in recruitment and recommend the desired course of action. Project future demands through assessment of anticipated attrition and taking into account the funding priorities of respective donor government.
- Advise duty stations/hiring units on donor governments priorities and ensure compliance with UNDP JPO Recruitment Framework and UNDP assessment and selection policies and frameworks.
- Manage screening, long-listing and short-listing of applicants
- Coordinate and facilitate assessment of short-listed candidates through testing and interviews and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure collection of necessary supplementary documents and proper submissions to CRB
- Prepare SOPs and draft working papers aimed at improving the effectiveness of recruitment procedures
Provide support to UNDP People Programme learning and career development as well as those related to other TAPP initiatives, including
- Advise country offices on the management and authorization of Duty Travel and Training Allowance (DTTA). Advise JPOs/SDPs on the utilization of DTTA.
- Support organization and delivery of on-boarding and learning activities, including onboarding sessions and induction workshops
- Advise country offices and other relevant UNDP and UN agency partners on the implementation of the performance management system. Solicit review and forward to the respective donor Government JPO/SDP-specific evaluation reports.
- Provide conversations regarding emerging career options, highlighting competency profiles for new occupations and identify learning strategies aligned to develop these competencies.
- Provide conflict resolution-related advice, as required.
Support facilitation of knowledge building and sharing, including:
- Process re-engineering and improvement of on-going processes to increase efficiency and knowledge base within the HR environment
- Support building and refining knowledge base of HR related procedures
- Level 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Level 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvement
- Level 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
- Level 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination
- Level 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
- Level 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
- Level 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
HR - Compensation/ Remuneration - Managing Compensation and Benefits
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the ICSC compensation methodologies and principles. Knowledge of and ability to design benefits-related processes, programmes, and tools, including benefit enrolment and amendments
HR – Recruitment - Recruitment Design and Management
- Knowledge of, ability to design and manage end to end recruitment processes
HR – Recruitment - Assessment and Selection
- Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms; ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs
Cross-functional - Communication
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing; tailor messages and chooses communication methods and channels appropriately, depending on the audience; manage internal and external communications effectively.
Cross-functional - Planning and Organizing
- Translates strategies and decisions into efficient and prioritized plans, allocate tasks and responsibilities, organizes activities and monitors progress to deliver results and reach the set goals
Cross-functional - Client-orientation
- Identifies and responds timely and appropriately to clients’ needs; anticipates clients upcoming needs and concerns looks for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests, uses the client perspective as driving force for services and solutions.
- Secondary Education. Specialized certification in HR would be an advantage.
- University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration or related field would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years of HR experience is required at the national or international level, or minimum 4 years if holding a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with provision of compensation and recruitment services in an international organization is highly desirable
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web-based management systems. Applied knowledge of Atlas HCM and Oracle Cloud highly desirable.
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be an asset
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: