Regional Consultant 2022/2023 Programme Annual Review
Pakistan | Jordan | Ethiopia | Bangladesh | Sudan | Nigeria | Yemen
FCDO carries out Annual Reviews to assess progress against the objectives contained in the programme’s Logframe, and to check if the programme is on track for delivery. The purpose of the consultancy is to complete an Annual Review of the Safeguarding Resource and Support Hub programme. The consultant will assess following the FCDO standard review guidelines and draft recommendations.
The consultant will be expected to assess the Safeguarding Resource and Support Hub programme, with the following outlining the key objectives of the Annual Review (see ToR for greater distinction of the roles and responsibilities):
- Review the available documentation to understand the programme and assess its progress against stated Outcomes and Outputs. This will involve reviewing core documents related to the programme.
- Deliver an analysis of programme data including reviewing user survey feedback and website analytics. Drawing out key messages and conclusions for the Annual Review assessment.
- Conduct interviews and seek feedback from key stakeholders (including but not limited to a broad range of website end-users (as selected by RSH/FCDO team), RSH target audiences and online hub users, Civil Society Organisations and Networks within National Hub Countries, FCDO staff and partner consortium staff) and other parties with knowledge of and expertise/feedback on the Resource and Support Hub. Please note, an initial list of individuals will be supplied but the consultant will be expected to proactively reach out to organisations to gather feedback within National Hub countries.
- Use the FCDO-approved RSH Logframe to propose scores against each of the programme’s stated outputs and outcomes.
- Assess whether the programme is delivering value for money based on the pre-determined indicators.
- Identify lessons learned and recommendations for the programme going forward.
- Provide a written draft of the Annual Review covering the required areas in the FCDO template by 25 January 2023.
- Lead and facilitate a discussion with FCDO and key RSH team members based on the first submission of the draft Annual Review.
- Provide a final written version of the Annual Review covering the required areas in the FCDO template by 8 February
- Monitoring and evaluation expertise and/or experience of conducting reviews of international development programmes.
- Understanding of the regional or national development system and cross-cutting inclusion issues including safeguarding against sexual exploitation and abuse and sexual harassment (SEAH).
- Experience conducting user engagement and/or community engagement, and experience recruiting participants to input feedback.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and links in one or more National Hub countries (Ethiopia, Nigeria, South Sudan, Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Bangladesh and Pakistan).
- This role can be based globally, however please note there is a preference for Africa, Middle-East North Africa, South Asia or United Kingdom based personnel and particular emphasis for the following countries: Ethiopia, Nigeria, South Sudan, Syria, Yemen, Jordan, Bangladesh, Pakistan
- To apply, please fill in the form HERE.
- Closing date for applications is: 30th November 2022
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 5th OR 12th December 2022
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application at your earliest opportunity
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and postholders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in their location of residence.