Senior Human Resources Assistant
Post Number : 5IQADM0006PA
Grade : G-6
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Erbil
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement: [[filter13]]
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 02-DEC-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Only nationals of Iraq may apply to this position
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The UNESCO National Office to Iraq was founded in 2003 to improve Education, Culture, the Sciences and Media situation in the country. UNESCO's main office in the country is located in Baghdad. UNESCO supports programme implementation in line with the Iraqi National Development Plan, in cooperation with its key national partners: the Ministries of Education and Higher Education, Water Resources, Labour and Social Affairs, Culture, Tourism and Antiquities, Governorates, the Independent Higher Electoral Commission, the Communications and Media Commission and others, as well as national and international NGOs.
UNESCO has a longstanding cooperation with Iraq and has successfully accomplished a number of major cultural heritage projects, such as the restoration of the Al-Askari Shrine in Samarra and the revitalization of Erbil Citadel.
In 2017, UNESCO, in cooperation with the Iraqi Ministry of Culture, launched the Response Plan for the Safeguarding of Cultural Heritage in the Liberated Areas of Iraq (2017-2019). ‘Revive the Spirit of Mosul’ is a UNESCO priority for the coming years.
Since February 2018, UNESCO is fully mobilized for the Mosul initiative, at its Headquarters and in its field offices in Bagdad and the region. The initiative is in line with the National Reconstruction and Development plan of the Iraqi Government and the Iraq Recovery and Resilience Programme (RRP) launched by the UN Secretary-General.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) Iraq Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent provides high-level Human Resources (HR) and administrative services in a range of specialized areas and plays lead role within the unit in ensuring application and compliance with the rules, regulations, policies, and practices in place for Iraq's office (Baghdad & Erbil).Long Description
The main responsabilities includes but are not limited to the following functions:
- Deliver specialized support in a range of areas of human resources management and related administrative support, which have to be carried out in a confidential environment.
- Execution of tasks involves a broad range of human resources policies, procedures, and practices and interpretation of these for Office colleagues.
- Extracting, analyzing, and interpreting a full range of data related to specialized functions. The incumbent is expected to review and recommend changes to operating procedures and systems, thereby affecting the timeliness and efficiency of work within the unit.
- Anticipates the volume of work and priorities for monitoring the timing requirements so that deadlines are met and actions are delivered on time.
- Work is performed with a significant degree of operational autonomy and initiative within the established guidelines, procedures, and processes.
- Organizes his/her work routine and determines priorities while overall objectives and expected results are set by the supervisor. Results are reviewed by the supervisor for the achievement of objectives and provision of overall quality and timely support.
- Works closely with Office staff (Director/ Head of Office, program and administrative staff) and with colleagues from HQ corporate services (HRM, ADM, MSS) and regional/ cluster office, as applicable. Work relations within the Office focus on the provision of advice and discussion to ensure adherence to the rules, regulations and policies, recommend viable and compliant solutions, as well as maintain accurate personnel records and high standards.
- Contacts with beneficiaries, suppliers, UN agencies and local authorities to exchange in information and discuss more complex situations.
- Independently consolidates data and prepares reports, non-routine correspondence and documentation, ensures the functioning of internal control systems, especially in the area of personnel management
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational school education is required.
- 8 years of relevant experience and progressive work experience in human resources, administrative services or related area.
- Experience in working with ERP systems
- Experience in working with talent management systems
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Good communication skills in order to provide specialized administrative support to a wide range of Individuals;
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and Arabic.
- Certificate and/or training in human resources management or any other related area.
- A First university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Information Technology is desirable.
- Experience in handling large staffing tables, and administering contracts within an international organization.
- Experience in using SAP, STEPS, FABS and/or various UNESCO applications (Duo, TULIP, etc.).
- Experience in application of UN Staff Rules and Regulations in operational environment, including administration of a broad range of entitlements and benefits.
- Working experience in the UN system, or at similar or international or bilateral organizations.
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: