Consultant Action Plan and Assistance Support
Result of Service
The Action Plan and Assistance Support Consultant will be tasked with developing a database on the various potential implementation reports directly with ICAO Member States to determine if any assistance is required to prepare action plans and/or implementing the selected measures. Additionally, based on the area of assistance (subject matter) that States require, the consultant will direct the queries of States to the ENV Officer responsible. The consultant reports to Chief, Environmental Standards Section (C/ES) within Environment whom reports to the Deputy Director, Environment.Work Location
It should be noted that this consultancy is to be filled for a period of eleven (11) months, with a possibility of renewal.Duties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
This Consultancy is situated in the Environmental Standards Section (ES) within the Air Transport Bureau (ATB). ICAO's activities in the environment field aim to limit or reduce the impact of international aviation on noise, local air quality, and the global climate. ES is responsible for the development of a range of Standards, policies, guidance material and tools, and carries out analyses related to aviation and the environment. It also provides support to the Assembly, the Council, the Air Navigation Commission (ANC), and the Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection (CAEP), a technical committee of the ICAO Council.
The Action Plan and Assistance Support Consultant will support the work on the implementation of the Action Plan Team and will report to Chief, Environmental Standards (C/ES).
Function 1 (Incl. Expected Results)
Supports the following tasks pertaining to the development of a database on the various potential implementation measures contained in the action plans submitted to ICAO, achieving results such as:
• Compile information contained in the State Action Plans
• Develop and /maintain the State Action Plan Follow-up Tool
• Support analysis of the submitted State Action Plans, the data contained therein and the quantification of the State Action Plans
Function 2 (Incl. Expected Results)
Assists with following-up directly with ICAO Member States to determine if any assistance is required to prepare action plans and/or implementing the selected measures, achieving results such as:
• Communicate with States on the development/update of State Action Plans, and understanding the benefits of developing a State Action Plan
• Identify actions to support States in enhancing the quality of their action plans
• Provide updates of the schedule for the submission/update of States’ action plans
• Follow-up and identify the States in need of special assistance, promoting State partnerships through the ICAO State Action Plan Buddy Programme
• Compile and keep up-to-date a list of the support required by States and follow-up with ENV Officers concerned to keep track of the support actually provided
• Assist in the training of State Action Plan focal points
• Assist in the review of State’s implementation of the basket of measures
Function 3 (Incl. Expected Results)
Assists in the organization of ICAO/ENV events, achieving results such as:
• Contribute to and support the organization of ICAO events related to aviation and environment
Function 4 (Incl. Expected Results)
Assists in the preparation and update of ICAO/ENV publications and outreach, achieving results such as:
• Assist in the update to ICAO Doc 9988 and ICAO guidance material on implementing the basket of measures; assist in the maintenance of the Environment webpages showcasing the basket of measures and State Action Plan statistics;
• Assist in the update and maintenance of ICAO Tools used for the SAP development and Action Plan Emissions Reduction (APER) Website; and
• Assist and develop on outreach material
Function 5 (Incl. Expected Results)
Performs other duties, as assigned.
A first-level university degree, preferably in environmental sciences, engineering, mathematics, science, aviation, management, or in a related discipline, is required.
• Experience with the development of a database and compilation of data.
• Experience with the revision of documents and knowledge of ICAO documents, in particular ICAO Doc 9988
• Experience in supporting the organization of international meetings on aviation and the environment
• Experience interacting with aviation officials and technical experts
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
• Experience with analysis of International policy
• Good communication and analytical skills
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
• A working knowledge of a second language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Please note that the monthly rate for Band A varies from CAD $3,991 to $5,172.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: