Country Director Bangladesh
na | -
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global community to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Country Director Bangladesh*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) supports vulnerable communities, refugees, and host communities in selected regions of Bangladesh by improving Nutrition, WASH, Protection, and Disaster Risk Reduction while improving capacities of Civil Society and local authorities.
As Country Director, you are responsible for developing and managing an impact oriented country programme that generates a relevant and visible contribution to the development of Bangladesh. In addition you will lead the WHH team in the country. In doing so you take into consideration the global WHH strategy and mandate and ensure adherence to WHH quality standards. You will ensure that WHH is recognized as a competent partner in relevant humanitarian and developement policy dialogues. As part of Welthungerhilfe's global leadership team you play an active role in contributing to organizational performance and learning.
- Overall responsibility for the development, implementation and review of the country strategy
- Ensure sound financial management of allocated funds
- Ensure acquisition of funding from private and institutional donors, as well as diversifying the donor portfolio
- Ensure the setup of country structures and processes adhering to WHH precedures and WHH quality standards
- Manage expatriate and national project staff, and ensure compliance with security regulations
- Maintain and expand the cooperation with national and international partners
- Engage in regular exchange of information with Head Office in Bonn and other Country Offices
- Observe, analyse and report on relevant trends in Bangladesh
- Update and ensure application of preparedness plan for disasters and potential crises on the basis of country specific situation
- A university or polytechnical degree, in a relevant field like International Development Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid, Management, Geography or Agricultural Sciences
- At least 10 years of project management experience and relevant leadership experience in international humanitarian aid and development co-operation, preferably in the region
- Broad knowledge of donor environment
- Excellent HR Management skills, as well as cultural sensitivity
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- Experience in security/crisis management and working with partner organizations
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe's project countries
- A very good command of English, both spoken and written
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 11, 2022. Your contact person is Sarah Liem-Hartmann.Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.