Driver/Clerk (UNOCHA - multiple positions Kyiv, Dnipro, Kharkiv, Kropyvnytskyi, Poltava, Chernihiv, Odesa)
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Ensuring availability of required documents/supplies for vehicle
- Provision of administrative/clerical services
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel within the city and to the regions with possible over-nights trips in the region; b) driving office vehicle for the transport of authorized personnel during security phases when required; c) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Provides administrative/clerical support to OCHA Office in Ukraine staff through: a) delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items; b) support visa and customs formalities/arrangements; c) support other administrative/clerical services as required.
The key results have an impact on the efficient operations in the office as well as on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the UNOCHA office activities, including but not limited to smooth logistic and office management activities, timely, accountable and cost-effective delivery of vehicle operations. Efficient transportation services are provided within the limits of delegated authority, maintenance and repair of the UN field office vehicle fleet is achieved. High-quality and timely clerical and receptionist duties are performed to support a fully operational office.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as strong technical skills in the respective area; demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues, confidentiality and time management;
- Teamwork: possesses good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Client Orientation: demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, and tact; consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Leadership and Self-Management: Focuses on result for the client; remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure; responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Secondary Education. Valid driving license of B, C categories.
Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in driving and/or transportation; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Experience in logistics or administrative support or general office management.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
Experience of work for international organizations is an asset.
Experience in the region is an advantage;
Certified experience in driving armored vehicles is desirable
- Fluency in Russian and Ukrainian; working knowledge of English is required.