Associate Project Officer (SB-4/Q1)
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Tajikistan
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 4
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 04-Dec-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in Tajikistan may apply to this position)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
In recognition of the scarcity of the skilled teaching workforce as well as the need to improve the quality of learning resources, UNESCO will implement the project on “Strengthening Competency-Based and ICT-Enabled STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and VET (Vocational Education and Training) Education and Teacher-Training in Tajikistan” with financial support from the European Union under the Action Document "Quality Education Support Programme II".
In order to support Tajikistan in making progress in the achievement of SDG 4 and implementing its recently adopted National Strategy for Education Development for the period until 2030, the project aims to design textbooks, teaching and learning materials for selected STEM subjects based on competency-based curricula at the secondary education and VET level, train teachers as well as equip the teacher training institutes/centers in the areas of ICT and STEM.
Within this project, the Ministry of Education and Science, as well as the Ministry of Labor, Migration and Employment of the Republic of Tajikistan, will be supported to strengthen the quality of education and competency-based education in STEM fields with the use of ICTs.
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office for Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan, and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator; and in close collaboration with colleagues at the UNESCO Almaty Education Unit and the Education Sector at the UNESCO Headquarters and the Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education, the incumbent shall support the Project Coordinator with the implementation of the project “Strengthening Competency-Based and ICT-Enabled STEM and VET Education and Teacher-Training in Tajikistan”, focusing mainly on, but not limited to, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Communications aspects, as per the project’s Result Framework by being in charge of monitoring its progress, preparing annual reports and collecting data through established M&E tools (surveys, focus groups, etc.). In addition, she/he will ensure quality execution of the communication and visibility plan of the project.
More specifically, the incumbent shall carry out the following tasks:Long Description
1. Support the planning and implementation of the project in accordance with the project’s specific objectives, planned activities and expected outputs by:
a) Contributing to ensuring the quality achievement of the expected outputs of the project;
b) Contributing to drafting the project work plan and procurement plan;
c) Contributing to drafting the terms of reference of contracts, assuring that UNESCO rules of procurement are respected;
d) Liaising daily with national partners and project stakeholders;
e) Following up on the quality implementation of the contracts.Long Description
2. Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of the project and the reporting on the project’s activities by:
a) Participating in the daily monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities, reporting on the progress achieved and making updates to the project log frame as needed;
b) Conducting M&E activities and developing M&E tools based on the M&E plan of the project and as needed;
c) Organizing and contributing to regular meetings with the project partners, preparing minutes of the meetings and action plans with clear responsibilities and timeframes;
d) Ensuring the conduct of periodic project reviews with the governmental counterparts and other partners, recording the results of the review meetings in the minutes, reports and formulation of the action plans;
e) Drafting reports on the project implementation to UNESCO and the donor as required;
f) Promoting exchanges of information and lessons learned, identifying new strategies and actions to improve delivery of services and to achieve the project’s objectives.
3. Contribute to ensuring communication on and visibility of the project by:
a) Implementing the project’s communication and visibility plan as well as updating it as needed;
b) Drafting and preparing technical briefs/status updates as well as any other communication materials on the project for wider dissemination (on UNESCO’s and partner’s websites and social media platforms);
c) Steering the efforts to reach out to specific target audiences to engage them in the Project activities, in particular as regards the girls’ engagement in STEM and ICT education.
d) Giving visibility to UNESCO/EU partnership as per the Communication and Visibility Requirements for EU External Actions and UNESCO.
e) Designing and coordinating multifaceted communication campaigns, which highlight UNESCO’s partnership with the European Union. This includes identifying key messages, target audiences and partnership opportunities to enhance visibility and outreach.
f) Preparing/developing news and feature stories, videos, infographics and media kits and leverage social media for maximum visibility of the organizations and the partnership.
g) Drafting concept notes for advocacy activities and scripts for videos and films. Take photos and videos of the events organized by the Project team.
h) Supporting the organization of project related events (seminars, trainings and workshops) and liaising with local and international partners and media, as needed;
i) Drafting press releases and outreach materials, ensuring that the major events have necessary press coverage;
j) Providing web content on major project’s achievements and milestones in project implementation for UNESCO's public information services.
k) Drafting official correspondences and maintaining regular relations with national counterparts and key stakeholders.
4. Carry out any other task that may be required for the success of UNESCO’s engagement in the field of education in Tajikistan, as requested by the Director of the UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office and/or by the Project Coordinator.COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Building partnerships (M) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Professionalism (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced university degree (equivalent to Master) in the field of education, social sciences or other related field.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in programme support and project management.
• Experience in working on educational development programmes.
• Experience in working with Government, development partners and international/national/ Non-Governmental Organizations.
• Familiarity with the administrative procedures of large Organizations;
• Proven excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize to adjust work schedules and deliver timely results;
• Good computer and other IT skills, including excellent skills in using Microsoft Office programmes.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the Organization.
• Excellent knowledge of English and Tajik
• Previous experience with UN agencies and understanding of the UN System;
• Experience in the education sector planning, management, and implementation of project in the education sector;
• Experience in conducting M&E or Communications activities within a project or programme;
• Experience in training, coordination and/or institutional and human capacity-building;
• Excellent knowledge of current context in Tajikistan, with particular focus on: education, Teacher education, ICT in Education, economic and livelihood development.
• Ability to engage and form effective working relationships with counterparts and clients;
• Proven ability to work within limited time constraints in the preparation of high quality products;
• Excellent communication and training facilitation skills;
• Knowledge of programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation, in particular in the UN.
• Advanced IT skills.
• Good knowledge of the Russian language is an asset
• Salary: USD 2237.13 monthly gross (base USD 1945.33, plus 5% for medical insurance USD 97.27 and 10% for pension plan USD 194.53; *base of UNDP Tajikistan SC salary scale, *subject to change in case of changes in local UNDP SC salary scale).
• UNESCO's salaries are paid in the currency established by the local UN System (currently in US Dollars).
• Other benefits include: 2.5 days annual leave for each completed month of service, 5% for medical insurance and 10% for pension plan are included into the monthly salary.
• Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: