Consultancy - Mentoring Training and Establishment of Mentoring System and Tools
Overview & Responsibilities
In September 2021, the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) provided support to the IDLO in implementing Phase 4 of the Enhancing the Institutional Capacity of Prosecutors of the Philippines. This initiative has the overall goal of improving the capacity of justice institutions in the Philippines, including the Department of Justice (PDOJ), in performing their core functions in the criminal justice process in line with international standards and good practices. It is also a continuation of IDLO’s cooperation with PDOJ, which began in 2016.
To enhance the competency of the PDOJ National Prosecution Service (NPS) in 2019, IDLO delivered a course on Post-Training Support (PTS) which provided the participants with basic skills in conducting post-training coaching sessions to reinforce the learning and experience of training participants. Building on these skills, a follow-through training on establishing a post-training support system by way of mentoring will be conducted in Phase IV of this project. The training aims to capacitate the participants from PDOJ-National Prosecution Service in training prosecutors to become mentors and establishing PTS system. The activity will include three phases: (i) Inception; (ii) Training of Trainers on Mentoring; and (iii) Development of PTS Manual.
Under the supervision of the IDLO Country Manager and in close coordination the Field Program Coordinator for PDOJ, the consultant will be tasked to design and delivery a mentoring training and development of a PTS manual as detailed below:
DELIVERABLE 1: Inception Report
Prior the development of the training plans, the consultant will have coordination meetings with of the PDOJ’s organizational structure vis-à-vis its training programs to determine which form of Post-Training Support will be most effective, sustainable, and acceptable for the institution. All findings and recommendations will be summarized in the inception report.
DELIVERABLE 2: Training of Training on Mentoring (or other forms of Post-Training Support)
- Following the inception phase, the consultant shall design and develop a training of trainers directed at focal points and key stakeholders within the institution. This will be a blended course, comprising of online asynchronous and face-face components.
- The consultant will coordinate with the Field Program Coordinator for the finalization of the training plan including the content of the presentations and learning exercises to be used prior to the training delivery.
- The consultant will submit a detailed training plan for the blended course (with face-face and asynchronous components) including the presentations and exercises to be used. The training plan shall consist of the following:
- Course Description (Briefer)
- Course Objectives
- Module Objectives
- Module Content (with attached presentations)
- Program of Activities (indicating the timing of the delivery of each modules)
- Learning Activities (with instructions)
- Pre- and Post-Knowledge Tests (with answer key and short explanation for the correct answer, if applicable)
- The consultant will follow the IDLO branding standards in drafting the presentations and the IDLO’s training quality standards for the drafting of the training plan and training delivery.
DELIVERABLE 3: Development of PTS Manual
The consultant shall develop a PTS Manual to ensure the sustainability of the PTS activities and will be circulated amongst focal points within the institution as a guidebook and reference for future planning and further enhancement of the PTS process. This shall include validation meeting/s with the institutional partner.
DELIVERABLE 4: Post-Engagement Activities
The consultant will submit documentation of all deliverables including the finalized training plan, presentations, references, and related tools developed.
TIMELINE OF IMPLEMENTATION
§ Initial meeting with IDLO program staff
§ Coordination meeting with DOJ focal points
§ Submission of inception report
TRAINING OF TRAINERS ON MENTORING (or other PTS)
§ Development of the training content
§ Development of the training plan
§ Delivery of the training
DEVELOPMENT OF PTS MANUAL
§ Validation of PTS Manual
* Meeting dates may be moved depending on the availability of focal points from DOJ
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
- A degree in psychology, organizational development, behavioral science or other relevant disciplines
- Certification as a mentor or coach
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience with:
- Coaching and mentoring
- Training and capacity development
- Organizational development
- Previous experience developing and conducting training using adult learning methodology or participatory approach, especially experience delivering interactive online blended learning courses
- Preferably with experience working with government institutions
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Specific Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and data visualization tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work constructively with stakeholders from government institutions .
- Proven ability to develop and foster remote working relationships.
- Proven ability to design and deliver online training/Blended Learning courses.
- Proven ability to see through set tasks and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Services will be performed in the Philippines supplemented by virtual meetings, consultations and presentations with relevant stakeholders. For this consultancy, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a Single Engagement Agreement. The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
Applications will be screened on a regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates. IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting a CV and cover letter.
DISCLAIMER and CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the consultant assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
The application deadline: 27 November 2022 (23:59hrs Rome Time).
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: