Programme Officer SC8 - Chisinau, Moldova
Republic of Moldova
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply to this position. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis gender, ethnicity, religion, political affialiation, or sexual orientation.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, working towards achieving a world with zero hunger. Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country for the next year (September 2022 – August 2023). The Programme Policy Officer will report to the Head of Programme in the WFP Moldova Office.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential humanitarian and government partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved cash assistance packages.
- Manage processes linked with Field Level Agreements (FLAs) and MoUs with CPs, including presentations in Cooperating Partner Committees (CPC), revision on FLA packages, coordination and liaison with CPs, initiation of CP performance evaluations.
- Coordinate and supporting the cash and or food security working groups in Moldova on behalf of WFP.
- Provide project management support, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider scope of T-ICSP activities that comply with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow-up on data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyze policy and operational issues to support programme team in the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration and monitoring of ongoing projects.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through project management support and learning initiatives.
- Develop an approach for qualitative capacity strengthening analysis, including methodology, tools and training package, train relevant staff on analysis and tools.
- Participate in learning events and activities to build knowledge across WFP’s emergent capacity strengthening network.
- Perform any other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: At least 3 years post-graduate experience, with additional years of progressive experience in project management, food security, partnerships and policy design.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in implementation of programmes and provision of inputs into designing operations
- Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
- Knowledge on analyzing and consolidation of quantitative and qualitative information from different sources to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.
- Coordination skills with external and internal stakeholders, including host government, NGOs, international and UN institutions.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
Fluency (level C) in English and Romanian languages and/or in one of official UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish). Knowledge of Ukrainian language is desirable.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Type of Contract: SC8.
Duty Station (City, Country): Chisinau, Moldova.
Duration: 12 months
Application deadline: 02 Dec 2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: