ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are a driven and passionate Internal Audit professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head, Assurance, the role will be based either in Accra, Kigali or Ethiopia and will be responsible for performing internal audits and reviews under various programs to help the Foundation achieve its objectives by evaluating the effectiveness of its governance, risk management, operational effectiveness, financial management and internal controls and fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will be based in any of our listed offices in Africa (Rwanda, Ethiopia, Ghana)
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Provide input into the development of the foundation’s audit strategy and risk based annual internal audit plan which covers all countries and functions
- Execute on the Foundation’s annual internal audit plan
- Provide audit reports to management that articulate the potential impact of issues identified and provide practical recommendations. Collaborate with management on implementation and track progress.
- Report to management on the status of internal audit activities, emerging risks and potential exposures, and provide guidance with respect to enterprise risk management and internal control best practices.
- Perform Program audits to periodically review and assess the use of the Foundation’s funds by its program partners, including site visits.
- Review and report on internal controls, risk assessments and risk management & monitoring
- Participate in management meetings including various forums in an advisory capacity on risk and audit matters or on design of key controls
- Review implementation of recommendations from incident reports, internal and external audit reports
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and steer collaborations across the country including relevant enterprise functions, program partners, external auditors, colleagues and communities
- External professional engagement with Internal Audit and Risk practitioners.
- Staff engagement
- Train foundation teams in different aspects including risk management, internal controls, governance aspects.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, commerce, or related field. Master’s degree in finance, accounting, commerce, or related field will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA, CA, CIA, CISA, CRMP.
- Accreditation as a member with a recognized institute of internal auditors or professional accounting body.
- Minimum 10 years in audit or risk roles within large and/or global organizations, with at least 4 years in a senior internal audit or risk management role.
- Previous work in the public and development sector is a definite asset.
- Experience in planning and performing all stages in the audit process and business reviews.
- Experience in preparing and presenting reports to senior leadership team.
- Experience building capabilities and capacity of an internal audit function in high growth organizations including multi-jurisdictional and multi-currency environments.
- The ability and willingness to travel internationally where required.
- Impeccable integrity that exemplifies the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the relevant regulatory framework, IFRS and other IAS's when relevant as well as an advanced understanding of business cycles and operational internal controls.
- Demonstrate understanding of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity and sensitivity with different cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and engaging with a range of stakeholders.
Deadline for Applications is December 07, 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: