Consultant – Senior Full Stack Developer MEAN, (Local);(UNICC Partnership)
Result of Service
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank
6 to 11 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
• Supervise the work of the development team by regularly defining standards, acceptance criteria and conducting regular code reviews
• Coach the development team during norming and forming sessions
• Report status of the work, gather changes and collaborate on refining delivery plans and target solutions
ANALYSIS AND REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
• Gather complex system requirements by meeting with clients and researching existing technology to understand the business requirements and possible solutions for new applications.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
• Develop/change data input, files/database structures, data transformation, algorithms, and data output by using appropriate computer language/tools to provide technical solutions for complex application development tasks.
• Document code and associated processes by adhering to development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation to various knowledge-base system(s) to simplify code maintenance and to improve support.
• Provide thought leadership in designing and developing innovative integrated solutions.
• Provide guidance in application design and development to more junior staff.
TESTING AND DOCUMENTATION
• Test all changes by using the appropriate complex test scenarios to ensure all delivered solutions work as expected and errors are handling in a meaningful way.
• Author and maintain documentation by writing audience-appropriate materials to serve as technical and/or end-user references.
IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE
• Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties the nature, significance, and risk factors of the solution.
• Monitor changes and resolve complex problems by responding as they occur, by reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented solution, and by proactively ensuring the solution works successfully in order to satisfy the customer requirements and to provide a smooth transition to the new solution.
• Provide support by investigating and resolving issues, including complex issues to ensure prompt, effective service.
• Perform other duties as may be required.
A university degree or master's degree from an accredited educational institution in information technology, information management, Information systems, computer science, computer engineering, Software engineering, Business Administration, Management, or other related disciplines;
• A minimum of 7 years of experience for a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years for a master's degree in Web applications design and delivery for the public cross-culture audience
The candidate MUST have the following skills and experience:
• Expert knowledge of Angular and IONIC JS frameworks.
• Knowledge of RXJS library and reactive programming patterns in Angular
• Knowledge of state management solutions for Angular (e.g. Ngrx)
• Working knowledge of Express JS application framework.
• Working knowledge of MongoDB database development.
• Good knowledge of system design
• Expert knowledge in developing and consuming RESTful services
• Working knowledge of Material Design and responsive design
• Working knowledge of Docker containers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail.
• Exemplary customer service skills.
• Demonstrable critical thinking and problem solving.
• Ability to provide and implement independently high quality, secure, and scalable solutions.
• Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
• Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
• Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically dispersed team environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to develop new skills and adapt to new technologies.
The candidate SHOULD have the following skills and experience:
• Knowledge of NestJs backend framework
• Headless / decoupled development.
• Semantic markup, accessibility, version control.
• Experience upgrading and migrating legacy web applications.
• Experience participating in Agile projects.
• Familiarity with Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, AWS and/or Azure Cloud Services.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
• High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
• Ability to deliver quality results
• Relevant industry certifications
• Cannot be considered as compulsory unless clearly marked as such (Ex: CCNA for Networking roles or MCSA for Microsoft related administration roles)
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
• Remuneration for this consultancy will be $2,300.00 and depend on fund availability, qualifications, and relevant experience.
• The incumbent will be in any UNRWA field of operation (Gaza, West Bank, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan).
The incumbent will be responsible for full life cycle of medium to large sized complex projects; strong technical skills; strong ability to understand complex business processes. Develops solutions based on extensive technical knowledge, skills, and experience; influences client towards innovative/integrated solutions.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.