Programme Assistant - Ending Violence Against Women (Open to Indian Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women, men and diverse genders as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
All human development and human rights issues involve gender dimensions. UN Women globally focuses on key priority areas that are fundamental to women’s equality, and that can unlock progress across the board. UN Women’s priority areas include increasing women’s leadership and participation in political spaces, ending violence against women, enhancing women’s economic empowerment, engaging in all aspects of women peace and security processes, making gender equality central to national planning and budgeting through Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) and advancing gender in intergovernmental processes.
UN Women’s work on ending violence against women focuses on advocacy for, and support to, women and girls’ access to quality, multi-sectoral services essential for their safety, protection, and recovery, especially for those who already suffer multiple forms of discrimination. UN Women partners with the Government of India and State Governments, UN agencies, civil society organizations and other institutions to find ways to prevent violence against women and girls. Prevention is still the most cost-effective, long-term way to stop violence.
As part of UN Women’s comprehensive approach, the team also work with partners to enhance data collection and analysis to provide a better understanding of the nature, magnitude, and consequences of violence against women and girls.
UN Women’s India Country Office, based in New Delhi is implementing a project with the objective of strengthening mainstreaming gender within policies and programs, especially related to safety, and mobility, focused on two key policies (i) Smart and Safe cities, (ii) One Stop Centers for addressing violence against women.
Within this context, UN Women seeks the services of a Project Assistant – Ending Violence Against Women in New Delhi. Reporting to the Programme Specialist – Ending Violence Against Women, UN Women seeks the services of a dedicated Programme Assistant to support smooth management including implementation, monitoring and evaluations of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Programme Specialist – Ending Violence Against Women (EVAW), the Programme Assistant – EVAW will work with the Project team to ensure that the project produces the results in the State to the required standards of quality and within the given time and cost specifications. The Programme Assistant will have the following tasks:
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of the Programme/Project:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of project work plans, budgets, and proposals on project implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the Programme/Project team and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of project supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of the project and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme/Project:
- Create projects in ATLAS, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of projects/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms/Financial reporting forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development project;
- Process payment for team and consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in ATLAS;
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in ATLAS.
Provide administrative support to the Programme/Project:
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Project Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
- Assist in procurement and logistics arrangements for organizing of workshops, training programs etc.;
- Consolidation of project reports for UN Women periodic reporting and uploading in DAMS.
Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization to the Programme/Project:
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the project/donor for timely receipt of fund;
- Organize, compile and process information from/for donor/s, Project team, and project team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing to the Programme/Project:
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to project management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on project and operations related issues.
- Provide post training support by analysing pre and post training questionnaires, analyse data preparing training reports
Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate administrative and logistical support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems and files;
- Quality and timely support to programme team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Good financial and budgeting skills;
- Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences/Economics/Social Work /Gender Studies/Public Administration/Policy or related fields is an asset.
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in supporting project coordination and team.
- Proficiency in English;
- Good command over Hindi in reading and writing.
Interested applicants should apply to this announcement through UNDP jobs site: jobs.undp.org
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: