Senior Support Officer, Membership Coordination
Reporting to the National Society Development and Membership Coordinator, he/she is tasked with supporting Ukraine Red Cross Society (URCS) in assisting the coordinating contributions from the RCRC membership to effectively support an impactful URCS-led Federation-wide plan for Ukraine. The incumbent works in close cooperation with the regional team of the operation, particularly to support tangible action around initiatives that come out of membership coordination dialogues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Ensuring effective membership coordination assistance
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to create and foster a working environment conducive to good coordination amongst the IFRC and its members at all levels of coordination, with a focus on ensuring that the URCS is at the centre of coordination efforts.
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to ensure effective participation of IFRC, Ukraine Red Cross Society (URCS), and all members in the countries in the Federation-wide coordination processes and raise any coordination challenges with management as required.
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to liaise with the Operations Manager in Ukraine to ensure initiatives and ambitions of members are taken into account and actioned in operational strategizing, coordination, planning and implementation.
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to provide support and coaching to enhance operational coordination (external & Federation members) at country level towards the teams deployed.
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to ensure dissemination of relevant information towards the IFRC management in Ukraine, URCS as well as relevant operating members.
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to liaise with the Regional Membership Coordinator to support dialogue with NSs willing to support or be part of operations implementation in in Ukraine.
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to encourage synergies at regional level between the NSs engaging in the operations and liaise when relevant with the Operational Management structure for the operations in Budapest as well as with the deployed surge resources as appropriate.
Ensuring effective and efficient Federation-wide approach in Ukraine
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to ensure a coordinated membership at country level through coordination of assessments, joint planning, monitoring, and reporting mechanisms centred around URCS operational strategy and and direction.
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator for working closely with PMER, facilitate the implementation of regional products of coordination (common indicators, Federation-wide data reporting and monitoring, one accountability/risk management framework, one implementation plan).
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to map out on regular basis the IFRC network bilateral and multilateral financial, technical, and thematic contributions and systematize on regular basis the Federation footprint.
- Support the NSD and Membership Coordinator to identify opportunities for shared leadership to maximize impact and optimize the IFRC network resources.
- University degree in relevant area
- ERU, Ops Management, CAP, FACT, RDRT, IMPACT training or equivalent knowledge
- Minimum 4 years of experience in from conflict related operations, including field experience from conflict areas.
- Experience in field intervention, volunteer management, mentoring and capacity building, training project staff and working with vulnerable populations.
- Experience in and understanding of membership coordination in operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Effective project management skills
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
- Good mentoring and capacity development skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies, Values and Comments
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Comments: This is a national staff position open to Ukrainian nationals and others who are legally eligible to work in Ukraine. Candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work in Ukraine