Logistics Manager - Central African Republic
Batangafo | Bangassou | Bozoum | Bossangoa | Bria | Sibut | Kaga Bandoro | Bambari
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Duty station: 50% Bangui and 50% field (frequent travel mainly to Bambari, Kaga Bandoro, Sibut, Bria, Bossangoa, Bozoum, Vakaga, Bangassou and Batangafo)
Starting date: 19/12/2022
Contract duration: 3 months
Reporting to: Country Logistics and Supply Coordinator
Supervision of: Logistics staff
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
Activities in the Central African Republic are mainly focused on:
- Protection monitoring
- Monitoring of movements at the borders
- GBV management (case management and listening centers)
- CCCM roving
- Education and Child Protection
- Nutrition and Wash
General purpose of the position
Plan, coordinate and monitor all logistics related activities in the project or capital and provide support to activities, according to INTERSOS protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the logistics activities.
In the absence of the Country Logistics & Supply Coordinator (CLSC) the Country Logistics Manager (CLM) assumes provisionally some of the CLSC’s responsibilities and tasks.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Coordination and support
- Assist the and CLSC in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the projects or capital, in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population
- Ensure technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the projects and provide coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
- Ensure and monitor the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project/capital including the following:
- logistics: (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office spaces and lodging facilities for international staffs in adequate living conditions)
- WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities
Logistics Information Management
- Ensure that data reported in INTERSOS Logistics software by the Base Logistics Officers (Intersos Management Platform - IMP) is correctly used and accurate. Provide training to mission staff if required and support the implementation of INTERSOS Logistics software in missions.
Supply-Chain and Procurement Management
- Implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the projects in collaboration with the Supply team and support on administrative related tasks.
- In the absence of the Country Supply Manager the CLSM has responsibility over the supply activities described on the CSM JD.
- Ensure that INTERSOS Fleet Management model, movement security protocols and Brand Identity Manual is applied in all bases - fleet is checked, regularly maintained and that vehicles are insured and taxes are paid
- Follow-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staff. Ensure that proper documentation of vehicles (i.e. lease, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc.) is properly handled by logistics staffs
- Support the Country Supply Manager/assistant by providing solutions for the movement of goods within the mission.
Facilities and Communications Management
- Support the Base Logistics Officer in the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and guesthouses facilities in an adequate living condition and in accordance with INTERSOS minimum standards and brand identity manual. Ensure the application of defined safety and security measures and make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Support the Base Logistics Office in ensuring that facilities have an appropriate IT and Communications infrastructure and equipment to sustain INTERSOS software platforms and in line with policies and procedures - allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ and proper management of the bases. Guarantees that all staff in the mission have proper training on how to use communications equipment available (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.).
- Support on the purchase, use and maintenance of IT assets, office and project equipment and communication tools, while ensuring that all base assets registered in IMP are documented, issued with unique INTERSOS asset numbers, tagged and logged according to asset management policies and procedures.
- Support the CLSC on reporting asset list at the end of project and oversee asset rollover according to defined destination with the Programs Department.
- Oversee regular fixed assets check on a quarterly basis
Human Resources Management
- Participate in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Manager and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project/capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities
- Define and monitor technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitoring day-to day the application of security rules and reporting to the CLSC and HoM any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Country Logistics & (Supply) Manager has to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information
- Perform any other task, specific to his area of specialty, according to the line manager
- In absence of the Country Logistics Coordinator might assume temporarily some tasks to fill the gap
Required profile and experience
Essential secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an engineer
- Essential working experience of at least two years in logistics related activities
- Previous experience with INTERSOS preferable.
- Desirable previous experience with logistics departments in NGOs
- Working experience in developing countries
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- French mandatory
- English is an asset
- Planning and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Initiative and service orientation
- Leadership, people management and development
- Planning and organizational skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Negotiation and networking skills
- High integrity and transparency
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/637b80bedbc281002118ad25
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.