Human Resources Officer (Employee Engagement) P3 - Rome, Italy
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is Sunday, 11 December 2022 (11:59 PM)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This role contributes to further strengthening WFP’s workplace culture through employee engagement and is responsible for managing the end-to-end process of the WFP Global staff survey (GSS). This includes external vendor identification and vendor management, design of the survey, communication, and coordination of the action planning process. The role also oversees the design and deployment of other tools used to measure employee engagement such as pulse surveys. Extensive experience in designing and implementing large-scale global initiatives, and the ability to engage across the organizational hierarchy, and collaborate across teams to deliver results are desirable.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• An Advanced University Degree in Psychology, Leadership Development, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Communication, Business and/or other field relevant to Human Resources Management, or First University Degree with additional years (2 years) of related work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in organizational development or closely related field.
• Experience in designing and implementing employee surveys or related projects in large complex organizations
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once and prioritize effectively.
• Skilled facilitator and presenter, and strong ability to develop rapport and build trust with stakeholders.
• Strong business acumen, communication, interpersonal, organizational and project management and execution skills to meet multiple priorities and deadlines and strive for flawless execution
• An ability to adapt to changing business landscapes and embrace change
• A passion for technology as a driver of business results.
• Fluency (level C) in the English language
• Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Partner with the global organization (Country Offices, Divisions, entire Regions, and Liaison Offices) and local teams to design and deliver an overall employee engagement strategy, including communication, sponsorship, reinforcement, and readiness plans that increase organizational, unit and employee engagement and overall effectiveness.
- Manage the end-to-end process of the WFP Global Staff Survey. This includes managing the strategic relationship with external vendors to design and deploy the Global Staff Survey, lead, and coordinate the communication and action planning process.
- Develop and implement tools (engagement pulse surveys, focus groups, workshops) and strategies to gather feedback, data and insights, which in turn can be used to inform efforts to increase employee engagement and make further strides in building the best possible workplace culture.
- Establishes effective relationships at all levels of the organization and with global team members within HR but also across a wide range of functional areas.
- Contribute to the design and facilitation of training initiatives and awareness workshops focused on fostering employee engagement and best practices in the area.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Rome, Italy to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.