Human Resources Officer (Leadership Development) P3 - Rome, Italy
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is Sunday, 11 December 2022 (11:59 PM)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This role is part of the organizational development team and will work under the general supervision of the Leadership Development Manager. The role is responsible for coordinating the design and delivery of global leadership development programmes for WFP. In this role, the incumbent will develop and maintain strategic partnerships with multiple key stakeholders internally and externally. This position requires strong business partnering and project management skills. Previous experience in designing and implementing leadership development and change initiatives is required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• An Advanced University Degree in Psychology, Leadership Development, Human Performance, Organizational Development, Communication, Business, and/or other fields relevant to Human Resource Management, or a First University Degree with additional years (2 years) of related work experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in leadership/organizational development work with a focus on talent development, change management, and instructional development.
• Demonstrated experience with organizational effectiveness assessments, change management, talent review, succession planning, high-potential development programs, and driving a learning culture evolution
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent coaching, consulting, facilitation, and systems thinking skills.
• Strong business acumen, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and project management and execution skills to meet multiple priorities and deadlines and strive for flawless execution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• An ability to adapt to changing business landscapes and embrace change
• A passion for technology as a driver of business results.
• Professional certifications and/or licenses in coaching, facilitation, and/or psychometric assessment tools would be an advantage.
• Fluency (level C) in the English language
• Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Providing thought leadership and industry best practice to design and develop leadership development programmes to meet broader organizational strategy
- Design a suite of leadership development programmes along the career path from first-line manager through to the executive team so that leadership potential is developed in line with organizational needs
- Lead the implementation and delivery of global leadership development programs across the organization
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with multiple key stakeholders internally and externally i.e. HR Business partners, managers, employees, vendors in the training design, delivery, and suppliers of assessment tools
- Champion the development of a culture of coaching as a key leadership style by ensuring that coaching principles and skills are built into leadership and management development programmes
- Evaluate the impact of existing and new leadership development interventions to identify areas for improvement and opportunities to enhance the current offer to support leaders in achieving their full potential
- Supervise and guide support staff as required
- Continuous improvement and updating of current leadership development initiatives against broader organizational strategy and evolving industry best practice
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Rome, Italy to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.