Procurement Officer P3 - RBN, Khartoum, Sudan
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you an experienced Procurement professional interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, December 07, 2022 (10:59 PM CET)
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), is a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability, and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high-performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Officers (COs). Job holders may report to a more senior Procurement Officer, or the Country/Deputy Country Director, Deputy Regional/Division Director or the designate. Job holders typically support diverse initiatives or multi-country operations or lead operations within a CO. Job holders are likely to be operating in an environment where the complexity of managing procurement operations is moderate e.g. may include a varied range of goods and services, food procurement and cash and vouchers.
Lead on or provide technical advice and oversight to procurement field operations of moderate complexity, partnering with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Demonstrate a strong experience and knowledge on handling tendering process for Financial services providers
- Timely prepare and approve of annual procurement plans; Periodic review and report on variations; Update the operational procurement plan with actual deliveries and pending cases,
- Ensure all records and documentation of the procurement actions are timely and duly updated in the system for audit queries and other operation needs,
- Prepares and circulate periodic reports on the procurement related activities,
- Deliver procurement training to newly recruited staff or other staff in the office (PCC members, technical & evaluation panel members, procurement focal persons in other requesting units),
- Review the risk inventory and prepares analysis of risk mitigation plan,
- Draft analysis of risk and management
- Consolidate and analyse data from which to inform Country sourcing strategies or plan specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost optimising purchase decisions.
- Provide oversight, guidance and support with / to Country Offices with relatively straight forward procurement needs (moderate value commodities, delivering programmes of a similar nature) on implementing best practice procurement policies and procedures, ensuring a strategic, forward purchasing approach to procurement in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and regulations.
- Lead the implementation of procurement projects of moderate complexity or manage operational activities for a Country Office (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), to ensure successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers and vendors to enable WFP to maximise the value of the service delivered.
- Manage and coordinate effective relationships with inspection and superintendent firms to ensure quality control, specification conformity, volume assessment, monitoring and verification of deliveries.
- Work in close collaboration with cross functional counterparts to align procurement activities and promote an integrated supply-chain approach to food assistance.
- Manage individual procurement officers or small procurement teams ensuring appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Contribute to preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitor the management of procurement specific risks.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant progressively responsible postgraduate experience in procurement and in food commodity markets (including freight markets).
- Fluency (level C) in the English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (A WFP’s working language
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Experience communicating and coordinating with UN agencies/ large international conglomerates.
- Experience working with food commodity markets (incl. experience with freight markets) as well as goods and services needed in support of WFP’s Operations and its related market intelligence.
- Experience working with vendors.
- Experience with cash-based transfers
- Experience with budgeting, pipelines and related issues in WFP Corporate Systems.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is an International Professional position and is open to all nationalities.
- Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel, visa and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance. For more information, visit https://icsc.un.org/
- The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Khartoum, Sudan to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable).
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application.
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at email@example.com in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: