Consultancy - Learning Management System (Moodle) (internationally recruited)
Overview & Responsibilities
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is engaged in efforts in support of the Supreme Court’s Philippine Judicial Academy (PHILJA). As part of these efforts, IDLO is assisting PHILJA to further develop their capacity to manage and deliver remote and hybrid learning events using a learning management system (LMS).
Specifically, PHILJA has chosen the learning platform Moodle as the learning management system for the institution, and IDLO will design and deliver a blended training on basic and advanced functions of this platform.
IDLO will require the services of a Learning Management Systems – Moodle Consultant, who will be expected to coordinate with and report to IDLO’s PHILJA Program Coordinator in the Philippines. The main objective of the consultancy is to design and develop a blended training on basic and advanced Moodle functions and techniques on using Moodle as an LMS. The Consultant will ultimately be responsible for the timely submission of the outputs required under this contract, including the draft and final online training module to IDLO.
The Consultant will be responsible for the following delieverables:
DELIVERABLE 1: Inception Report
- The Consultant will familiarize herself/himself with IDLO’s training methodology, including the completion of IDLO’s online Training of Trainers course and the IDLO introduction to distance learning course;
- Based on consultations and the training needs assessment, the Consultant will develop an inception report with the proposed course design and content (course description, objectives, topics and learning activities).
DELIVERABLE 2: Training on Moodle as Learning Management System
- Following the inception phase, the consultant shall design and develop a training on Moodle directed at focal points and key stakeholders within the institution. This will be a blended course, comprising of online asynchronous and face-face components.
- The consultant will coordinate with the Field Program Coordinator for the finalization of the training plan including the content of the presentations and learning exercises to be used prior to the training delivery.
- The consultant will submit a detailed training plan for the blended course (with face-face and asynchronous components) including the presentations and exercises to be used. The training plan shall consist of the following:
- Course Description (Briefer)
- Course Objectives
- Module Objectives
- Module Content (with attached presentations)
- Program of Activities (indicating the timing of the delivery of each modules)
- Learning Activities/ Practical Exercises (with instructions)
- Pre- and Post-Knowledge Tests (with answer key and short explanation for the correct answer, if applicable)
- The consultant will follow the IDLO branding standards in drafting the presentations and the IDLO’s training quality standards for the drafting of the training plan and training delivery.
DELIVERABLE 3: Post-Engagement Activities
The consultant will submit documentation of all deliverables including the finalized training plan, presentations, references, and related tools developed.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in drafting and developing E-learning courses and blended learning initiatives with Moodle
- Experience in Moodle configuration changes, plugins, integrations
- Experience working with Philippine government institutions would likewise be an advantage
- Experience in drafting and developing training modules would be a considerable asset
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Specific Technical and Behavioral Competencies:
- Development of Instructional media
- Experience with virtual learning tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work constructively with several internal service departments
- Proven ability to develop and foster remote working relationships
- Proven ability to see through set tasks and deliver results
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-motivated, creative and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate
Terms & Conditions
The Services will be performed remotely with all meetings and activities to be held over virtual platform(s), with face-to-face meetings and activities as needed in Manila, Philippines.
The estimated start date for this assignment is December 2022. The assignment period is twenty (20) non-consecutive days between December 2022 and March 2023.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a CV and cover letter by 02 December 2022.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the contractor assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director - General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application Deadline: 02 December 2022 (23:59 Hrs Rome time)