National Project Personnel - Communications
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
This position will be based in FAO Project office in Peshawar. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is on SB 3 SC 6 level.
Under overall supervision of the FAO Representative and direct supervision of Senior Project Officer, the incumbent will be part of the FAO Communications team and work closely with the Communications Specialist in Islamabad. In regular consultation and coordination with the Communication Specialist, the incumbent shall ensure coherence with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs.
• Articulate communication needs and purposes per target audience and the communication mechanisms and products, embedded with Government, professional networks, the private sector or communities;
• Communication activities would focus on the outcome and outputs achieved of the FAO projects, targeting general and specific audiences at national, provincial, district and community levels, as well as in FAO’s sphere of influence;
• Support and assist Communications Specialist in visibility, outreach and advocacy project.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Maintain required communication between FAO, Donors, DOP/P&D, Green Sector Line Departments and various foreign funded projects, including KPK and Merged Districts Secretariat
• Develop and implement a communications strategy including website, photographic and success stories for publication.
• Prepare quarterly communications work plans in consultation with Project Coordinator and submit to Communications Specialist, Islamabad
• Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
• Hold regular local meetings to reflect on program activities and gather opinions on future developments for feedback to project management.
• Ensure visibility for program related information, findings and achievements utilizing various communications channels.
• Draft press releases, articles, web-stories, social media content, scripts and media material covering program and relevant FAO project office events (workshops, inaugurations, project/activity completion, etc.).
• Advise and check the design of communication inputs like logos, photographic content, banner texts, and ensure one visual branding for FAO through promoting use of FAO branded items. Liaise with vendors and printers for various communication related services.
• Support in design and content of subject bulletins for various users.
• Plan and manage visits to the field to collect content for various communication products such as success stories and videos.
• Providing support to advancing partnership, advocacy and resource mobilization endeavors; developing and maintaining close contacts with national counterparts, donors, for the implementation of the communication and publication strategies.
• Support knowledge Building and Management; strategic documentation of good practices and innovative programme endeavors in close collaboration with the programme team;
• Develop and maintain good media contacts. Ensure publication of FAO press releases and articles in the press.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor and FAO Communications Specialist
• Ensure that all publications and documents to be disseminated via the FAO document repository are timely processed through the corporate Publications Workflow System (PWS), from their planning to production and dissemination.
• Ensure compliance of all products with: FAOSTYLE (English: https://www.fao.org/3/cb8081en/cb8081en.pdf; French: https://www.fao.org/3/AC339FR/ac339fr.pdf; Spanish: https://www.fao.org/3/ac339s/ac339s.pdf; Arabic: https://www.fao.org/3/ac339a/ac339a.pdf; Chinese: https://www.fao.org/3/ac339c/ac339c.pdf); FAONOCS https://www.fao.org/nocs); FAO terminology http://www.fao.org/faoterm; Publishing at FAO – Strategy and guidance http://www.fao.org/3/I7429EN/i7429en.pdf; FAO Brand and policy book.
• Work in constant contact with the Publishing Group at FAO and ensure that all corporate publishing standards are adhered to in publications and documents.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in mass communications, journalism , media studies or related areas from a recognized Pakistani or foreign institution;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience;
• Working knowledge of English. Fluent in spoken local language, Urdu.
• National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting and documentation.
• Well-organized, flexible, result-focused and a team player.
• Social and networking skills; an existing network with key media organisations in Sindh is essential;
• Previous experience with a UN agency would be considered as an added asset.
• Ability to deal with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds.
• Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
• Good computer and presentation skills (Word, Desk Top Publishing (DTP), Power Point etc).
• Strong writing & communications skills in English, Urdu and local language of the province
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.