Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
This position is located in FAO Pakistan, Peshawar based in KP. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, help to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The following position is SB 4- SC 8.
Under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR), and in close coordination with Deputy FAO Representative, and under his technical guidance, the incumbent will report to the M&E Officer/Head of Knowledge Management.
Monitoring and evaluation Quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
Tasks and responsibilities
• Oversees all Monitoring & Evaluation activities for project and will also support other projects of FAO in KP as required;
• Designs and maintains Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) framework for KP projects;
• Provides technical inputs to the monitoring of the logical frameworks, including substantive guidance on the selection of outcomes, outputs and indicators;
• Leads preparation of terms of reference for baseline, midline and endline surveys, post-distribution monitoring (PDM), impact assessments and other studies/research;
• Conducts field visits to support the implementation of project activities by identifying challenges and proactively recommending remedial actions and adaptations as well as advocating for effective implementation of MEAL activities;
• Provides capacity development for project staff on the FAO national and global MEAL framework and reporting systems;
• Designs and maintains tools and procedures (questionnaires, sampling methods, analytical templates) and integrates them with the MEAL frameworks of the Country Office;
• Performs other related duties, as assigned by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advance university degree in Agriculture Economics, Public Administration, Economics, or Development Studies;
• 08 years’ of experience in monitoring and evaluation;
• Working knowledge of English and local languages of KP;
• National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/ Functional Skills
• Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.
• Excellent drafting skills and analytical mind
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research
• Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English
• Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision
• Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
• Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
• Display initiative and take responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and closely follow-up until successful outputs are achieved.
• Continue to seek new, innovative and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work assigned.
• Identify and recommend remedial measures to address problems in systems design or implementation
• Working knowledge of online data collection tools including Kobo Toolbox and ODK;
• Ability to move locally for field work within the districts of KP;
• Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database, and presentation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) is essential;
• Experience with database development and management in MS Access, project management, mapping, and statistical analysis software (MS Project, SPSS, Stata, SAS or similar) is a plus point.
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.