Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)H (no hardship)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Target Start Date
December 5, 2022
Job Posting End Date
In order to be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
Terms of Reference
• Be a recent graduate (i.e. have completed studies within one year of applying) from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO
• Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization, such as international relations, communications, journalism or languages/translation;
• Have a perfect command of Dutch and a good command of English and French
• Knowledge of and interest in communications, media and social and digital media. Photography, graphic design and CMS skills are an asset.
• Have no direct family ties with a UNHCR staff member (including Temporary Appointment holder) nor with a member of the Affiliate Workforce.
- Drafting a daily press summary covering displacement stories in the Belgian press;
- Supporting with the creation of and translating press releases and articles (English and French into Dutch) for and uploading them to UNHCR’s Belgium & Luxembourg website;
- Supporting with the creation of, translating and uploading content (copy and video) onto UNHCR’s social media accounts covering Belgium & Luxembourg (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Assisting with the organization and coverage of events;
- Assisting with the creation and updating of external publications (e.g. brochures, postcards, posters) and internal reference documents (e.g. media and social media mapping)
- General office tasks, administrative and other support to the wider team as needed.
Standard Job Description
Other informationThis position doesn't require a functional clearance