HR Business Partner, Germany (multiple positions)
|UNAIDS is an innovative United Nations partnership that leads and inspires the world in achieving universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
UNAIDS' Cosponsors include UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank. Visit the UNAIDS Web site at
Vacancy No.: UNAIDS/22/FT110
Title: HR Business Partner, Germany (multiple positions)
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: 2 years
23 November 2022
Application Deadline: 22 December 2022
(29 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Organization unit: AI UNAIDS Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (AI)
HR Operations (HRO) / People Management (HRM)
Duty station: Bonn Germany
Serving Communities and Countries to End Inequalities and AIDS.
We, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, lead the global effort to end AIDS as a public health threat by 2030. By placing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) related to reduction of inequalities at the heart of our work, we lead the global response to AIDS by: (i) maximizing equitable and equal access to HIV services, (ii) breaking down barriers to achieving HIV outcomes, and (iii) integrating efficient HIV responses into wider health and protection systems.
We are committed to creating an equal, safe and empowering workplace culture where all people in all their diversity thrive. We live our values of Commitment to the AIDS Response, Integrity and Respect for Diversity. You can access the full UNAIDS Competency Framework at www.unaids.org
MANDATE OF THE DEPARTMENT:
To deliver the UNAIDS mandate and provide leadership in the global AIDS response, the UNAIDS Secretariat counts on a capable and highly qualified workforce that is multi-skilled, diverse, mobile and able to work across disciplines. Within the Management Department, the People Management Department (PMD) ensures that human resources are aligned with the organizational strategy and priorities. The HR Operations team ensures provision of efficient HR services including recruitment, selection, contract administration, as well as assessment centers. It is responsible for HR dashboards, staff data tracking and reporting, and liaises with the appropriate WHO entities and service centers to ensure the effective provision of HR systems, tools and services.
Main tasks and Responsibilities of the Position:
The purpose of the position is to provide a full range of operational HR services to UNAIDS offices at the country, regional, and Global Center levels.
Under the guidance of Chief, HR Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Classification, position management and recruitment:
- Provide guidance and support to hiring managers on job design; oversee the drafting and updating of job descriptions; obtain independent classification reviews by One HR; create and revise budgeted and classified grades of positions in the ERP as appropriate.
- Manage selection and recruitment processes in close liaison with hiring managers, including preparation of vacancy announcements, longlisting of applicants, administration of written tests, organization of interviews, preparation of selection reports for submission to selection and appointment committees and for EXD's decision.
- Ensure completion of mandatory onboarding formalities with the selected candidate; initiate and validate the appointment in ERP; oversee submission of selection and offer of appointment letters to successful candidates with the WHO Global Service Centre/HR (GHR).
- Monitor effective workforce and succession planning through timely and accurate projection of vacancies and staffing requirements.
Administration of entitlements:
- Design and provide an induction briefing to onboarding and separating staff members.
- Administer and provide advice to staff members in assigned region and departments on salary and related benefits, allowances, statutory travel, and social security entitlements, as applicable.
- Initiate and validate HR Actions in the ERP HR Plan Dashboard, and act as focal point with WHO and GHR, as requested.
- Pro-actively contribute to transformational initiatives, including the Culture Transformation process, by promoting information sharing, awareness, staff consultations, and a safe, equal, respectful, and empowering working environment for all staff.
- Ensure that HR processes are diversity and gender-sensitive and inclusive, in particular in the areas of workforce planning, recruitment and staff development.
- Contribute to the Secretariat wide efforts to improve diversity, including geographic diversity. Pro-actively encourage hiring managers to refer to statistics on gender and geographic distribution available through HR dashboards when selecting new staff. Advise RST Directors and UCDs in the assigned region on effective implementation modalities of the aligned organigramme, ensuring fair, transparent approaches and process, in line with relevant guidelines.
- Implement HR-related changes to achieve the new organigramme, including administration through the ERP and record keeping for audit purposes.
- Propose improvements to existing or newly developing HR policies, processes, tools and reports. Advocate HR policies that support work-life balance and well-being
- Partner with and advise managers and staff through conflict situations to seek mutual understanding and resolution. Identify potential triggers and make recommendations to senior management to mitigate the risk of recurrence.
Advanced university degree at Master's level or equivalent in human resources management, public or business administration, social sciences or related field. For internal candidates, a first university degree and 7 years of professional experience will be considered as equivalent.
1. Commitment to the AIDS response
3. Respect for diversity
1. Working in teams
2. Communicating with impact
3. Applying expertise
4. Delivering results
5. Driving change and innovation
6. Being accountable
1. Vision and strategic thinking
2. Leading teams
3. Managing performance and resources
4. Developing and empowering others
5. Exercising sound judgment
6. Building relationships and networks
Five years' experience human resources management at international level, with a focus in recruitment and administration. Experience in the use of ERP/HR modules.
Experience in human resources management in the UN system.
Advanced level of English and working knowledge of German (local language).
Good working knowledge of other relevant official UN languages.
Please note that for this vacancy only nationals of Germany and legal residents holding a valid residence or work permit are eligible to apply. A valid passport will be requested.
Furthermore, only online applications will be accepted.
Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this vacancy notice.
Primary regions for coverage are EECA (Eastern Europe and Central Asia), LAC (Latin America and the Caribbean) and MENA (Middle East and Northen Africa).
(Net of tax)
63587 EUR at single rate
|Applicants will be required to take a test. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.|
|Applications from people living with HIV are particularly welcome. Applications from women and from nationals of non- and under-represented member states are particularly encouraged.|
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to the Staff Regulations and Rules of the World Health Organization (WHO) adjusted, as necessary, to take into account the particular operational needs of UNAIDS, and any subsequent amendments.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
|Note: The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer or promotion of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. The medical criterion for recruitment is fitness to work in the particular post. The United Nations HIV/AIDS Personnel Policy clearly stipulates that no staff and/or potential candidates shall be discriminated against on the basis of real or perceived HIV status. HIV infection, in itself, does not constitute lack of fitness to work. There is no obligation to disclose HIV-related personal information.|
|Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable UNAIDS to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit UNAIDS's e-Recruitment website at: . The system provides instructions for online application procedures.|
|All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.|
|Currently accepting applications|
UNAIDS has a smoke-free environment
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: