Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leading non-profit humanitarian organization providing relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer performs the day-to-day finance operations. He/she works with the Deputy Director Finance in the maintenance and oversight of the accounting operations to ensure that all finance operations in Vinnytsia office are performed in accordance with IRC and country office policy and procedures. The position is based in Vinnytsia, Ukraine.
• Allocate all staff cost according to their time sheets, as well as, all shared program cost to the grants according to the monthly cost allocation percentages.
• Manage all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department.
• Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
• Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
• Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
• Prepare & review requests from the cash assistance program & reconcile them with the bank
• Conduct a time sheet audit for country office from time to time.
Data Entry / Accounting Records
• Review expenditure spreadsheet
• Maintain subsidiary ledgers for advances, receivables and payables
• Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents.
• Execute a weekly back-up of all financial ledgers on every last business day of the week Payroll and Taxes
• Review the national staff payroll that is prepared by HR, for calculation accuracy and completeness.
• Record the national payroll; ensure standard financial controls are maintained and that all payments are accurate and legitimate Bank Operations
• Process cash withdrawals from the bank and ensure timely bank payments
• Liaise with bank officials in order to ensure uninterrupted bank services
• Obtain monthly bank statements in the first week of the following month for all bank accounts
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation schedules.
Cash Operations / Preparation of Vouchers
• Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, exchanges, receipts and transfers
• Inform Deputy Director Finance of all discrepancies
• Ensure that cash payments are reduced as much as possible
• Assist the Deputy Director Finance in responding to internal and/or external audit requests
• Provide training to program staff on finance issues
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation reports
• Assist the Deputy Director Finance in donor reports preparation.
• Review all Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy
• Liaison with Supply Chain, Administration and Program.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting
• Minimum of three years of finance or accounting experience
• Computer literate with significant experience in MS. Office
Previous experience with International NGOs is highly desirable.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Very good in English and Ukrainian
• Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions.