File Services Administrator
Vacancy no.: RAPS/3/2022/INFOTEC/02
Publication date: 23 November 2022
Application deadline (midnight Geneva time): 23 December 2022
Job ID: 10247
Organization Unit: TMS
Contract type: Fixed Term
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the ILO Staff Regulations.
- External candidates.
Staff members with at least five years of continuous service with the Office are encouraged to apply.
Applications from officials who have reached their age of retirement as defined in Article 11.3 of the Staff Regulations on or before 31 December 2017, or who have already separated from ILO service upon retirement or early retirement, will not be considered.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ILO welcomes applicants with experience in working within ILO constituents (governments, employers’ and business membership organizations, and workers’ organizations).
Applicants from non- or under-represented member States, or from those member States which staffing forecasts indicate will become non- or under-represented in the near future would be particularly welcome. A list of these countries can be found here: ILO Jobs: Non- and under-represented Member States
In addition to the interviews and tests that any candidate may be required to take, successful completion of the ILO Assessment Centre is required for all external candidates and any internal candidate applying to a higher category.
Notwithstanding the general considerations set out in the ILO Staff Regulations, this vacancy announcement is the only authoritative document pertaining to the qualifications required for this position. The minimum required qualifications were determined in view of the specific duties and responsibilities of this position.
The specific language requirements for this position are detailed hereunder. However, candidates applying for the professional category vacancies who have not already successfully completed their probationary period within the ILO and whose mother tongue is not one of the working languages of the Office (English, French and Spanish), shall be required to possess a fully satisfactory working knowledge of at least one of the ILO working languages. If appointed they may be required to acquire a knowledge of a second working language of the Office during their initial years of service.
Please note that in the context of the new ILO organigram, the naming of the departments may be subject to change.
The position is located in the Technology Management Services (TMS) Branch within the Information and Technology Management Department (INFOTEC). INFOTEC provides modern, secure, and reliable IT infrastructure, technologies, applications and services to enable the ILO to effectively use technology to perform its mission.
TMS conceptualises, delivers, and supports the technology required by clients to work effectively. TMS focuses on reducing risk, enabling mobile and productive staff, and identifying efficient and effective solutions to meet the demands of clients.
The position will be responsible for the accessibility, usability and data structure of the File Services that are provided to ILO departments, offices in the regions and staff, in collaboration with other INFOTEC units.
The position will report to the Head of User Support Services in TMS.
- 1.Maintain, update and improve the file management and sharing services. This includes maintaining shares, permissions, accesses and structure of the different file repositories. The underlying infrastructure is out of scope.
2.Manage the lifecycle of shared drives and sites; migrate and archive existing content; guide data owners adopting best practices in storing and categorising their files.
3.Review user rights to file service structure and establish/rationalise Security Groups.
4.Fulfil the role of the 2nd level of support focal point for File Services.
5.Report on data access rights and perform analysis to identify correction measures to restructure the directories and/or access rights.
6.Develop and execute test plans for qualifying new features and services evolution.
7.Document files management procedures in place and keep them up to date.
8.Produce service description and training material.
9.Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
These specific duties are aligned with the relevant ILO generic job description, which includes the following generic duties:
- Create, maintain, update, correct and improve complex solutions. Make recommendations on the acquisition of hardware and software required by the organization. Analyse and provide advice on the information needs of the organization.
- Recommend standards and their adaptation in order to accommodate the evolution of technologies and the needs of users.
- Plan, install, administer, maintain and provide user support for LAN and Internet connectivity for smooth operations and effective use of network and communications systems.
- Resolve functional problems of networks within the organization and in the field. Diagnose user problems and take appropriate corrective action.
- May lead small project teams consisting of support staff for the implementation of networking, desktop and server activities.
- Provide assistance to field offices in network-related matters.
- Evaluate computer hardware and software products; establish their detailed usability and contribute to the preparation of requests for proposals.
First level university degree in computer science, electronics or other related field. A relevant post-secondary diploma/certificate from a reputed institute and an additional four years of relevant work experience, in addition to the five years of experience required in the job description, may be considered in lieu of the first-level university degree. Professional certifications with the technologies involved would be an asset.
At least five years of professional experience in the IT field, of which two years spent administering and supporting Microsoft Windows File Services; two years managing users and permissions with Active Directory; and one year administering SharePoint and Microsoft Teams documents and shares.
Excellent command of either French or English and a working knowledge of the second language.
In addition to the ILO core competencies, this position requires:
•Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows server file sharing technologies
•Good knowledge of Sharepoint and Microsoft 365 file sharing
•Proficient with writing Powershell script and automating tasks
•Basic knowledge of the following as applicable:
o overall computer concepts
o IT security
o personal computer hardware and software
o the Internet
o e-mail systems
o PC/server/network operating systems
o programming languages
o Ability to clarify users' requests and to respond to and resolve technical problems.
o Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
o Ability to provide user support.
o Ability to produce documentation and reports.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organize multiple tasks meticulously
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and end users.
- Fast learner who can demonstrate initiative
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team of information technology professionals. Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Conditions of employment
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to ILO Staff Regulations and other relevant internal rules. Any offer of employment with the ILO is conditional upon certification by the ILO Medical Adviser that the person concerned is medically fit to perform the specific inherent requirements of the position offered. In order to confirm an offer from the ILO the successful candidate will be required to undergo a medical examination.
- The first contract will be issued for a twenty-four month period.
- A successful external candidate will be on probation for the first two years of assignment.
- Any extension of contract beyond the probation period is subject to satisfactory conduct and performance.
For more information on conditions of employment, please visit the ILO Jobs International Recruitment page.
Any officials of the General Service category interested in applying to this position are hereby informed that, if selected, they will be offered the salary and allowances applicable to the grade of the position applied for, which may result in substantial changes in their take-home remuneration. In accordance with Article 3.4 of the Staff Regulations, the salary of an official, upon promotion, shall in no case be greater than the maximum salary of the grade to which he or she was promoted. For any questions or clarifications, please contact your HR partner at email@example.com
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Evaluation (which may include one or several written tests and a pre-interview competency-based assessment centre) and the interviews will tentatively take place during the 3 to 4 months following the application deadline. Candidates are requested to ensure their availability should they be short listed for further consideration.
Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including assessment centres, technical tests or interviews.
The ILO has zero tolerance for acts of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) and is determined to ensure that all staff members and all beneficiaries of ILO assistance do not suffer, directly or indirectly, from sexual exploitation and abuse.
To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organisation, the ILO may conduct a background verification of candidates under consideration.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: