Events Management Associate / Officer
Event Management Associate / Event Management Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Collaborating with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Corporate Secretariat (SEC), headed by the Vice President and Corporate Secretary, is the focal point for communications among the Board of Governors, Board of Directors and AIIB’s Management. Among its responsibilities is to plan and organize the Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors, Board-related meetings, retreats, International Advisory Panel (IAP) meetings and Board visits and consultation trips in support of a high standard of governance and effective communications and engagement with AIIB’s members and stakeholders.
The Events Management Associate/ Events Management Officer will work with the events management team of SEC to plan, coordinate and implement corporate events, including the Annual Meeting and other shareholder engagement meetings and events.
The Corporate Secretariat Associate or Officer will also provide support in organizing meetings of the Board of Directors and its Committees, as well as support for the non-resident Board of Directors to perform its duties and facilitate communication between the Board of Directors and AIIB Management.
- Produce event proposal and implementation plan based on business needs.
- Ensure accurate and timely execution of preparatory works and that event objectives are met.
- Draft program-related concept paper, core messaging, speaking notes or promotional lines.
- Conduct effective communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and report events management industrial trends and updates.
- Develop and execute events around sustainability initiatives.
- Initiate and manage event-related procurement projects and manage vendor relations.
- Develop and implement post-event evaluation reports and act on the results to continually improve the delivery of event goals and overall participant experience.
- Support the operation of Board meetings and events as appropriate.
- Support the preparation of in-person Board of Directors meetings.
- Facilitate the engagement of the Board with Management and staff members on subject issues and investment projects.
Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in events programming and management and/or corporate secretariat with proven achievements.
- Excellent English speaking and writing capabilities and communication skills.
- Sufficient professional experience in a multicultural environment with diverse co-workers, clients, or partners. Career record in international financial institutions, international organizations or multinational corporations is preferred.
- Strong teamwork spirit, attention to detail, and commitment to deadlines.
- Qualifications in project management or public communications are valued.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in public policy, communications, public administration, economics, finance, international relationship or a related field.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: