Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihood of the disaster-affected population's through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions, and emergency response.
The MEAL Assistant is part of the M&E department and will work closely with the field-based M&E Officer and CR Officer based in Addis. The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of robust client feedback channels at their respective locations. These may include design and administration of surveys, focus group discussions, proactive and reactive feedback mechanisms. The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for aggregating client feedback, identifying key themes and challenges or opportunities to respond to, and presenting these to the management team for a decision on how to respond. The MEAL Assistant will also be responsible for recording and monitoring feedback, and for ensuring that the loop is closed, and clients are informed of decisions taken.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Feedback Planning and Implementation:
- Collect client feedback through various channels that IRC installs including community meetings, surveys, discussions, phone lines, suggestion boxes, SMS among others
- Regularly update the excel based Feedback Registry on everyday basis and raise cases including breach of IRC code of conduct, allegations of child abuse or sexual exploitation and other major programmatic complaints
- Receive, record, and classify complaints for attention by the MEAL Officer and refer to the respective sectors.
- Collect response from the program staff on the feedback and communicate back to client
- Facilitate the preparation of CRA logistics before field visits e.g. paper-based data collection tools, promotional materials etc.
- Ensure accurate and confidential filing of CRA reporting forms such as client feedback form, Feedback Registry, surveys, interview, minutes from community meetings, reports, datasets among others
- Generate reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels, per sector, including limitations and challenges.
Feedback Monitoring, Reporting, and Response:
- Aggregate and disaggregate client feedback (according to gender, age, status, sector, risk-level and other client appropriate disaggregation).
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to the program team, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways which provide the detail that the program team will need to design an appropriate response. Analyze key themes, challenges, and opportunities for program improvement.
- Provide support to the M&E Office to conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs