Employment and Economic Empowerment Intern
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: Tucson
- Grade: Internship - Internship
- Labour Market Policy
- Closing Date:
The Employment and Economic Empowerment Intern supports Staff in assisting refugee clients secure their first jobs in the United States and guiding them towards successful integration into the American workplace. Interns will gain familiarity in cross-cultural training techniques, skills development and hiring procedures of area businesses.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
This is an in-person position.
- Provides direct and administrative services to clients in the following areas:
- Resume preparation
- Online and paper job applications
- Job Interview coaching and practice
- Client transport to interviews and other post-placement assistance
- Research job opportunities
- Client file management
- Skill specific projects as assigned by Program Coordinator