SharePoint and Software Architect Consultant
Result of Service
Perform functions.Work Location
It should be noted that this consultancy is to be filled for an initial period of eleven (11) months with a possibility of an extension.Duties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) plays a lead role in the effective and efficient administrative management of the Organization by ensuring the provision of high-quality physical and human resources, by applying the highest standards of work ethics and conduct, and by using results based management skills and tools to support the Organization in implementing its Strategic Objectives, in order to serve all stakeholders of the world aviation community.
The Information and Technology Section (ICT) is a section within the Bureau of Administration and Services in ICAO. ICT supports ICAO's mandate through provision of a variety of ICT services, including development of quality ICT solutions, technical support for ICAO's applications, knowledge management initiatives and web services, and sourcing of the information systems and equipment that serves the organization's business needs as well ensures the availability, reliability and high performance of the existing ICT systems.
The Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) Section is tasked to maintain and improve, support and aid in the development of Enterprise-wide applications and web channels. ICAO is seeking a SharePoint and Software Architect for the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Section. The SharePoint and Software Architect provides leadership in the application of technology to achieve business outcomes. Persons in this position are expected to understand business processes and how enabling technologies can be applied to achieve business objectives. The SharePoint and Software Architect has the ability to synthesize inputs from many sources, and to bridge the relationship between business and technology units. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are as important as technical skills in this internal consulting role.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Function 1 (incl. Expected results)
Support and Improvements to ICAO’s Microsoft SharePoint and Enterprise Application Environment, achieving results such as:
• Support, maintain, and improve ICAO’s current Intranet, Extranet and Online SharePoint system.
• Assist in the migration of ICAOs web channels to the latest versions of SharePoint.
• Knowledge of workflow creation and process analysis using K2 technology.
• Identifying, analyzing and documenting opportunities to improve business processes, and facilitate business units’ adoption of new processes.
• In-depth functional and/or technical experience in most of the following areas:
o SharePoint (2013+/O365).
o Office Applications (Word, Excel, Project, Visio).
Function 2 (incl. Expected results)
Business Analyst for Web Development activities, achieving results such as:
• Gathering, analyzing, and documenting business objectives and functional requirements.
• Developing solution/application architectures and designs.
• Extensive experience in defining user requirements and analyzing business processes.
• Experience with business analysis and business process.
Function 3 (incl. Expected results)
Development Activities, achieving results such as:
• Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
• Development of software solutions using .NET and various Microsoft technologies (including M365 Online tools).
• Analysis and implementation of new technologies and application of said technologies to achieve business goals.
• Implementation of proper testing practices, procedures, and strategies.
Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• First level of university degree or equivalent, including advanced experience in information technology with a focus on web content management techniques.
• Familiarity with a broad range of development and support technologies: (Confluence, JIRA, jQuery, .NET, MS-SQL, Active Directory).
• In-depth knowledge of SharePoint(2013+/Online) and its development model (SharePoint solution/SharePoint Add-Ins/SharePoint Framework).
• In-depth knowledge of Workflow products and Workflow development (K2/M365 PowerApps/Flow/Power Automate).
• Experience with enterprise architecture best practices and goals.
• ITIL certification.
• A minimum of five years of experience in supporting and developing Web applications, is required.
• A minimum of three years with SharePoint 2013 or above development technology, is required.
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
• A working knowledge of a second language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
Please note that the monthly rate for Band B varies from $5,097 to $8,122 (The actual payment will be decided considering the candidate experience and job market average).
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.