Programme Assistant (OIM & Reports Management), G5 Nairobi
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Opening date: 24.11.2022 Closing date: 7.12.2022
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 550 employees who contribute towards making Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
What will you do?
- Perform specialized processes and activities towards consolidation of relevant qualitative and quantative information for internal reporting requirements, inclusive of Sitreps, Country Briefs, ED Briefs, Transfer Report, biweekly programme updates and ad hoc briefing materials as required.
- Assist the Reports Officer in completing external information provision and reporting requirements of the country office, and in coordinating the external reporting requirements inclusive of humanitarian cluster and government reports.
- Provide support to the OIM unit as the key focal point for selected programmatic/thematic unit and facilitate all relevant information inflow and drafting of thematic factsheets through cross functional collaboration to help fulfill information requirements of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in timely consolidation and verification of both qualitative and quantitative information to enable further performance reporting requirements.
- Provide data related support to facilitate maintenance and generation of regular and ad hoc progress reports, inclusive of support on data input, consolidation, verification and analysis.
- Support the Country Office OIM/PR capacity building and systems strengthening initiatives by providing relevant assistance as required.
- Provide secretarial support to Country Office leadership team, inclusive of preparing meeting minutes, in absence of Reports Officer or as required.
- Maintain and update the OIM unit shared drive folder and collaborate cross functionally to support maintenance of Country Office shared information management folder.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support the Reports Officer in resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five years or more of experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e., nutrition, VAM0. Has contributed to implementation of programmes. Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
Are you competent for this job? Do you have
- Knowledge and experience in information and data management is required.
- Proven professional experience in the related fields with ability to work independently on analytical and technical matters with minimum supervision.
- Written and oral communication skills, including substantive data analysis and report writing skills.
- Analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret information and draw out the key messages.
- Experience utilizing computers, including spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems.
Terms and Condictions:
1-year initial contract
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
Deadline of Application
6th December 2022
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.