Knowledge and Leadership Management Expert
The African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF) is the leading institution for capacity development in Africa. With membership from 40 African Countries, the African Development Bank, the United Nation’s Development Program, The World Bank, the organization was created to build human capital and institutional capacity for Africa’s sustainable development.
ACBF’s focus is on improving the effectiveness of Africa’s public sector institutions at country, regional and continental levels to become an effective systems’ integrators and catalysers of sustainable and transformative change.
Since its creation in 1991, ACBF has trained more than 50,000 personnel in civil service, most of which hold key positions in Ministries of Finance, Planning or Economic Development and Central Banks across the continent. The Foundation has established a network of over 50 think thanks that support evidence-based policy making across Africa and conducted over 290 policy research/analysis which have been critical in informing economic management and establishing benchmarks for success.
ACBF’s strategy for the next five years will focus on responding to the current needs identified by member states and on building human capital and institutions for the future.
ACBF is launching a program to strengthen public financial management (PFM) functions in selected African countries. The program will equip senior officials working on PFM issues with the requisite skills to promote equitable allocation and utilization of public resources in a manner that promotes gender balance and wealth creation for the transformation of African economies. ACBF seeks to recruit a Knowledge and Leadership Management Expert for this program to join the ACBF family of highly talented and passionate individuals. The Knowledge and Leadership is overall responsible for development and delivery of learning interventions to enhance the leadership and governance capacities of the officials involved in PFM.
i. Research to define the focus areas and learning needs to inform the required learning interventions and support needed.
ii. Oversee the development of the technical learning guides and materials, including the design of learning interventions, their implementation, and monitoring with tools such as results frameworks, work plans, and other documentation, ensuring proper outlining of learning outcomes.
iii. Establish learning opportunities and platforms for the supported Ministries and other institutions, including facilitation of training, policy dialogues, peer-to-peer knowledge exchange, and networking opportunities to strengthen the supported institutions’ leadership and governance capacities.
iv. Oversee the development of e-learning toolkits and platforms that include online learning objects (e.g., infographics, videos, articles) for structured and just-in-time (JIT) learning and curate existing learning content.
v. Conduct studies and document lessons and best practices from policy dialogues, peer networking, events, and other knowledge management activities; package them into knowledge products and actively share them with the beneficiaries, other partners, and professionals.
vi. Perform any other duties assigned by the Director, Programs.
Required qualifications and experience
Selection will be competitive based on the following candidate profile:
· Advanced university degree in Leadership, Knowledge Management or Governance or a related field from a recognized institution.
· Demonstrated ability to engage with senior-level ministry officials.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and proven ability to prepare reports clearly and concisely, present, discuss and defend issues, findings, and recommendations.
· English and French are the working languages of ACBF. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required.
· Certification in Learning and Development.
· Technical expertise in leadership and governance in public finance management and policy/administration is desirable.
· Strong research skills and ability to glean relevant information from various documents to produce quality technical, and policy reports and knowledge products.
· Ability to effectively use software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook. Experience with project management in ERP systems would be an asset.
· Good working knowledge of French.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: